X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TripleH
    • Jul 2001
    • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Status Update...

Thanks to the Dev's for the status update... Now one part of it mentioned that next week you would release a more precise date for the release of RC1... Does that mean that there is to be status updates weekly?

Thanks for posting that, as Ia m sure that will alleviate a lot of the problems
  • Mainer82
    • Apr 2003
    • 1.1.x

I'm excited to see what the new style will look like. I hope it's not a dark theme like the default ACP was. I also hope that it won't be difficult to customize.

Thank you for the updates!

Comment

• DarkDelight.net
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kier
      I will say though, that right now I am thinking that the final release will not be too far behind RC1.
      Translating from Kier to English, that comes out something like:

"I will say though, that right now I am thinking that the final release will not be too many RCs behind RC1."
      Sig? What sig?

Comment

• Andrew-ningc
        • Jan 2003

Why do i sense that the final wont be out before 2004?

It was announced in 2002, beta released early 2003 and final out 2004?

For a big project i would say thats good (talking along the score of microsoft new operating system will be in devolpement for about 3/4 years), but for this and especially with the size of the vbulletin team its a bit of a joke.

Not trying to start a rant, but i have lost a lot of interest in vbulletin, still using beta 5 and don't want to waste the time in upgrading when no final is out for a long time.

Comment

• MarkB
          • Apr 2001

Considering the board was rewritten from scratch, I think a year to 18 months development time, including a private and public beta, is more than acceptable.

I think being used to 'internet time' has caused a lot of people to think that it's been in development limbo for ever

Comment

• rylin
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by MarkB
            Considering the board was rewritten from scratch, I think a year to 18 months development time, including a private and public beta, is more than acceptable.

I think being used to 'internet time' has caused a lot of people to think that it's been in development limbo for ever
            afaik, it was NOT rewritten from scratch.
            My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
            That forum

Comment

• Andy Z
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by rylin
              afaik, it was NOT rewritten from scratch.
              I believe they originally were doing a new version wothout an overhaul of the code, but then (around the time Scott was hired) they decided to a complete rewrite of major parts of the code, especially to get it working properly without register_globals on in PHP.
              - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Dec 2000

Yes some things appear similar but i would say the entire core has been more or less re-written.

Bit fields for permissions
                New template system
                New post editor
                New bbcode system

The admin panel is about the only constant thing since there isn't really anything that can be done.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Mijae
                  • Feb 2003

I am still waiting for RC1, havent upgraded from beta5 yet because I dont want to redo the style, even tho it takes only 10 minutes to bring back :P

Comment