Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Which Speaker System?

I'm ready to get rid of my Altec Lansing 45.2 system and go for a brand new one.

I'm thinking about:

Creative Labs T7700
    Logitech Z560
    Logitech Z680
    Creative Labs T6600
    Altec Lansing 5100
    Altec Lansing 621

Trying to be budget conscience a bit, but want to get the best sound possible. I have roughly $200.00 dollar budget (probably willing to spend up to $240.00)

Your thoughts?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

It will cost slightly more, but as with all consumer electronics, you get what you pay for: get a $300 home theater system. If your sound card has optical/digital coax out, then you can get pure Dolby Digital 5.1 through high-quality speakers.

I recently got a Sony HT-DDW750 system...my sound card doesn't have optical/digital coax out, but because I game mostly on my XBox, it's not an issue. DVDs sure sound good on it as well.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

I was looking for something smaller filburt ...somewhere along the line of computers
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Ksilebo
        • May 2001

I do the same kind of thing with a Aiwa something. 5.1 Dolby Digital is beautiful. DTS too.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
        http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• Mr. X
          • May 2001

I've got the Logitech Z680s and love them. Couldnt be more happier with em.
          forums: pcfx.cc
          gallery: here

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

I just realized it is also 399.00

Comment

• Mr. X
              • May 2001

$400? Where did you get that price at? While I got mine as a gift they were $275 from Amazon.com.
              forums: pcfx.cc
              gallery: here

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

it was off the logitech website..

My company is selling them for $289.99 :-/

Comment

• IDN
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 3.5.x

I got my step dad some speakers awhile back, i think the z-640's turns out they made a mistake and sent us the z-680's instead, i didn't complain, he loves them even though he never uses them
                  Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...