Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CeleronXT
    • Mar 2002

Transparency Lowers CPU usage?

Generally in Windows XP, dragging a Window around in erratic circles sets CPU usage to 100%. I just turned on an nView feature of my video card that sets transparency on window when they're being moved. Now while they're being moved, the CPU usage stays at around 21%. Why is this? Is the GPU now taking some of the CPU's load when moving windows?
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Yes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

iam using it on my own, very nice feature and you are right, cpu usage goes down
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• N9ne
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.0 Beta

I have nView too, I didn't know that the CPU usage goes down...I know now

Comment

• IDN
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.5.x

Doesn't matter to me anyways, my cpu usage is 100% 24/7 no matter what i do.
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...