is CopperMine site down? the gallery script CopperMine?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarkDelight.net
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dolby
    That’s very nice Dark but I wasn’t even looking for them. Was just commenting on the fact they are on source forge. I think that’s cool.

Try being a little nicer next time I promiss it wont hurt you.

Sorry if I came over as "not nice".

Were you commenting that you found it while at source forge, or you read my post in this thread?

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
    Sig? What sig?

Comment

• Mr. X
      • May 2001

Originally posted by Ksilebo
      I've used 4images, and my experiecne with it was bitter...and very slightly sweet.

First, its in german, and you have to install an english pack. Second, you have to have just right of a PHP/ImageMagick/GD install or nothing will work, and third, editing the templates was a pain in the ass.

I decided to stick with Gallery.
      I had the exact opposite. I thought gallery was terrible. The install process was weak and confusing sometimes, configuring it was a pain, customizing it was horrific for me. I used Coppermine after trying a bunch of scripts, until I found 4Images and its worked great for me ever since. So what if its in german, the english pack is there, its easy to install, and once you do you never have to worry about it again. Getting GD/IM or NetPBM isnt hard to install at all. I used IM before but the crappy image quality in thumbnails forced me to use NetPBM, which all I had to do was upload in a directory on my server, expand the packages, point to the path and thats it. Lastly, editing the templates was far easier than gallery. After looking over it and playing around, I was able to get a hand of it and changed much of the code to suit my own needs.

Some of the things 4images is a pain in the ass, but imo not nearly as much as gallery.
      forums: pcfx.cc
      gallery: here

Comment

• Ksilebo
        • May 2001

Hopefully Gallery 2 will fix all that.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
        http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment