Need sound system advice/a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • N9ne
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.0 Beta

Need sound system advice/a few questions.

I want to get some speakers (5.1 w/ subwoofer) for the new PC I'm building. The sound card is: http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=58&b=0&f=1

I want to preferrably get Sony speakers, however I don't know which ones to get. I need to make sure I can connect them to my PC and all will work correctly!

What do I need to know, what connections should these speakers etc. have so I can use them with that sound card?

Thanks.
  • tgillespie
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.7.x

These speakers are absolutely nasty. They make Sony, Kenwood, Pannasonic all sound like ****. My friends dad runs these through USB IRCC and they are absolutely amazing. My next set of speakers will definiately be Klipsch.

Home Audio Products for Every Lifestyle, Application & Budget. Since 1946, no compromises in Legendary Sound. Free Shipping on All Online Orders in the US.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• N9ne
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by tgillespie
      These speakers are absolutely nasty. They make Sony, Kenwood, Pannasonic all sound like ****. My friends dad runs these through USB IRCC and they are absolutely amazing. My next set of speakers will definiately be Klipsch.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=712
      And will they work with no additional wires or connectors that i'd need to buy, with that sound card I posted?

Comment

• Tolitz
        • Dec 2000

Definitely go with those Klipsch speakers ... no additional material needed for that soundcard (actually, it's too much soundcard for the Klipsch speakers, so to speak, hehe) ... well, maybe you need to bribe the police in your area, coz your neighbors might demand a restraining order against ya for those speakers....
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• HexOnxOnx
          • Apr 2003
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Tolitz
          Definitely go with those Klipsch speakers ... no additional material needed for that soundcard (actually, it's too much soundcard for the Klipsch speakers, so to speak, hehe) ... well, maybe you need to bribe the police in your area, coz your neighbors might demand a restraining order against ya for those speakers....
          LOL I live in an apartment. One night about 2am, I was listening to music with the volume pretty low. The bass on those speakers was apparantly being vibrated downstairs as suddenly the guy down there was pounding on the wall! LOL Be carefull with the bass. I wouldn't have any other speakers than Klipsch.
          http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

if i had the money id have Klipsch but right now i have Logitch z-560s (or is it 560-z's) either way i really love them and they do a good job

Comment

• P.Jackson
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.8.x

personally i would recommend any of the Creative inspire series or Creative Cambridge and soundworks im using Creative inspire 5700 and its awsome! i also have cambridge and soundworks 5.1 surround sound speakers both using Sblaster live platinum the bass is unbelivable!

Comment

• Millward
                • Apr 2002

They don't make speakers like they used to

Comment

• N9ne
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.0 Beta

Ok, the Klipsch speakers look very good, now a few more questions:

- How much will they cost approximately, in the UK?
                  - Where can I buy them from? I want to buy from somewhere in the UK...(Preferrably off the internet - must be a reliable site).

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

i'm looking at altec lansings 5100
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Im visiting the local audio guru sometime tonight, ill ask him if hes seen anything good for comps then for you. He dose mostly car audio, im trying to learn his ways because last week he really showed me what he was all about. He had one 12 inch woofer hitting harder then four 15's at the last compitention we went to

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        i'm looking at altec lansings 5100
                        dident notice your post, so sorry for the double up .

I have a set of thoese playing right now acully, they are ok speakers, I picked them up cheap so im not complaining, but im sure theres something better out there because my house system blows them out of the water very easyly.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

O i see...

Hmm, I decided and went against my own judgement and purchased an Altec Lansing Ultimate 621

Shop Altec Lansing speakers and headphones direct and save big! Enhance your audio experience with top-quality products built to last since 1927.

Very glad I went against my thoughts for a 5.1
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...