anyone here used phpbb before switching to vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Brandon
    vB doesnt compare to anything else, IMHO.
    You mean "nothing compares to vB' right?

Comment

• Brandon
      • Jul 2002

yeah...sometimes I type before thinking

Comment

• vbdb
        • Apr 2004
        • 3.0.0 Beta 3

anyone please can tell me where i can download (if possible) the phpBB to vbulletin Converter?
        thanks

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

vbdb

You are currently showing up as unlicensed. To be able to receive support here at vBulletin.com, we ask you to please click HERE and enter your email address, to show us that you are licensed.
          You will need to use your customer number and password (which will be in the email you got when you paid for your license) to access that page. Please note that your email is case sensitive.

Thank you.

In short, you need to be licensed memeber to be able to request or download any importers.

Comment

• vbdb
            • Apr 2004
            • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Originally posted by Zachery
            vbdb

You are currently showing up as unlicensed. To be able to receive support here at vBulletin.com, we ask you to please click HERE and enter your email address, to show us that you are licensed.
            You will need to use your customer number and password (which will be in the email you got when you paid for your license) to access that page. Please note that your email is case sensitive.

Thank you.

In short, you need to be licensed memeber to be able to request or download any importers.

ohhh...thank you for reply..
            sorry bro.. but i never buyed this database i downloaded it from http://h2kmatrix.com i was thinking tht it is free like phpBB.
            so... should i delete it from my server ???

Comment

Yes, running vBulletin without a licensed is piracy, you can order a licensed here:

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by FutureMan
                I currently use phpbb and I was wondering if anyone here had switched over from phpbb to vbulletin on their forums, and if they were pleased. I'm happy with phpbb but i've heard vbulletin is a lot better... is it worth the money?

Thanks,
                FutureMan
                *Raises hand*

There are a few features in phpBB that vBulletin doesn't have, one being that clicking the IP image/link brings up a page with complete background information on that IP, in vBulletin that has to be done in the ACP and that feature is more than 3 clicks away. Another is the lack of inline moderation as present in phpBB. There were a few other things as well. Although I was willing to give up all of that for what I was getting in exchange through.

Comment

• vbdb
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 3

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                  Yes, running vBulletin without a licensed is piracy, you can order a licensed here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
                  Thank you...but i'am only 16 years old...can't pay all that
                  anyway...thank you again.. i uninstalled it from my server & removed it from my pc...

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                    • May 2002
                    • 1.1.x

I payed for it less than a month after turning 14. You can't say you can't afford it because you are 16, at least you can get a job...

Comment

• Hunter
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 3.0.0 Gamma

We ran on phpbb for around 8 months then I got sick of it and transfered to vB. Trust me, vB is worth every penny of the $160 you spend on it.
                      Sportstwo.com

Comment

• Dream On

alright

Originally posted by squall14716
                        I payed for it less than a month after turning 14. You can't say you can't afford it because you are 16, at least you can get a job...
                        alright but if u take a look of what he say u will understand what he mean "I download it from h2kmatrix.com"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...