Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SmEdD
    • Feb 2003

Licence and Copyright

Ok I use the template system for all of my site and for my other none forum pages I'd rather not have the vB copyright in it because it isn't vB code. So I was woundering if I made a page called poweredby.php and there is a link on every page if I could put it in there.

For example it would contain everything my site uses,

Forums powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 6. Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Gallery powered by: PhotoPost PHP 4.1.0. Copyright 2002 All Enthusiast, Inc.

and so on . . . as there are a few more things.

This would still allow someone who is intrested in what we are running to check it out.

So where the normal copyright would be it would say (site name) <a href="poweredby.php>Powered By</a>

I could just make new a template for the footer but I would rather just have one so I don't have to change 2 when editing it.
  • f-a_org
    • Nov 2002

That Wouldn't Work on your forums.

it needs to be in the FOOTER at all times, unless you buy branding free.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

The vBulletin copyright must be at the bottom of every forum page unless you purchase the branding-free license.

Comment

• Millward
        • Apr 2002

I think maybe he meant to link to a poweredby.php on the none forum pages, but leave the copyright on the forum pages intact?

Comment

• UHN_ED
          • Jan 2003

If those pages use vB templates then they are powered by vB and you need the copyright unless you pay the extra $120.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by UHN_ED
            If those pages use vB templates then they are powered by vB and you need the copyright unless you pay the extra $120.
            I was told before that if I require global.php into my site files, use vB functions and stuff, that I was not required to put the copyright on the bottom of the page. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Comment

• Surrix
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Just my .02 but it is just a sentence. You can put it right above your copyright. Also legally speaking you really don't need any copyrights at all because as soon as you make something under US law it is copyrighted to you the only reason anyone puts those there is just to remind people.
              Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

• Tolitz
                • Dec 2000

I just keep those copyrights at the bottom ... they're not bothering anyone, and it's rare that anyone clicks on them anyway

The only reason you'd want to remove them is if they don't fit into your layout... but again, it's easy to just place a faint "powered by vbulletin" on an image near the footer, like most people are doing...

I don't really know why people would pay extra to remove it, unless they want people to think that they created the forum script (or maybe they have their own valid reasons)...
                OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...