X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon
    • Jul 2002

why america?

This post by phil2003 ( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=6 ) really upset me.

I am not trying to flame people or anything, but do you realize that it's not just in America that kids bring guns to school? It happens in ENGLAND and FRANCE and any other country in the world. I notice people on here (and in-fact everywhere) saying horrible things about America, and how we are this horrible group of people. While I understand we can be a little stuck up and rude at times, it's not like every other country is little angels too.

Why is America ALWAYS the target for things like this? It especially comes from the people who live in England. I don't go around saying "Damn Canadians" or "Stupid English" or any other saying like that, and infact, I've never heard of anyone bad mouth another country, yet America seems to get it the worst. I don't even say rude comments about other countries or the people in it or the way they are as a society, yet it seems ok for others to say things like this about America.

This country is NOT as bad as people think it is. The media tends to expand and explode on whatever happens here (and in any country for that matter).

My question is, WHY AMERICA? I could name a LIST of things that piss me off when people say things like their country is perfect, but I don't because I'm not rude like that.

I realize this topic will probably get locked, but I just wanted to know what peoples' thoughts were on this.
  • Vile
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Brandon
    This post by phil2003 ( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=6 ) really upset me.

I am not trying to flame people or anything, but do you realize that it's not just in America that kids bring guns to school? It happens in ENGLAND and FRANCE and any other country in the world. I notice people on here (and in-fact everywhere) saying horrible things about America, and how we are this horrible group of people. While I understand we can be a little stuck up and rude at times, it's not like every other country is little angels too.

Why is America ALWAYS the target for things like this? It especially comes from the people who live in England. I don't go around saying "Damn Canadians" or "Stupid English" or any other saying like that, and infact, I've never heard of anyone bad mouth another country, yet America seems to get it the worst. I don't even say rude comments about other countries or the people in it or the way they are as a society, yet it seems ok for others to say things like this about America.

This country is NOT as bad as people think it is. The media tends to expand and explode on whatever happens here (and in any country for that matter).

My question is, WHY AMERICA? I could name a LIST of things that piss me off when people say things like their country is perfect, but I don't because I'm not rude like that.

I realize this topic will probably get locked, but I just wanted to know what peoples' thoughts were on this.
    No they do NOT realize that this stuff happens everywhere, but newbies will be newbies. That should not be a surprise.
    I agree with you Brandon, but you should understand that not everyone has the capability to think rationally and come to a logical conclusion.
    Why target America? Becuase it's an easy target for UKers like Phill come down on. People like him seem to think that having laws that make owning a gun illegal (excluding police, and so on) make it so that it is actually impossible for someone to get one. The stats speak for themselvs, and I'm certainily not denying that most of this happens in UK, but people like him think UK is above everyne else, and nothing "bad" happens there. Yeah, quite a nice fair tale.
    Last edited by Vile; Sat 13 Sep '03, 5:00pm.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Brandon
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Vile
      No they do NOT realize that this stuff happens everywhere, but newbies will be newbies. That should not be a surprise.
      I agree with you Brandon, but you should understand that not everyone has the capability to think rationally and come to a logical conclusion.
      Whew...I was afraid that would be a bad post, telling me to shove it or something . Then I looked at where you were from and calmed down hehehe.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

That thread was locked for a reason.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...