X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f-a_org
    • Nov 2002

I love vB and...

I love vBulletin and UBB 6.

No Bashing, Just wanted to say I like the new vB for php and mysql sites, and UBB 6 for CGI sites.
  • Tolitz
    • Dec 2000

you don't really expect to see this topic continue without someone bashing something somewhere, don't ya
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• f-a_org
      • Nov 2002

IF everyone can be mature

Comment

• Vile
        • Jul 2002
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by xCRYINGoutLOUDx
        Personally I think UBB doesn't get the credit it deserves. I mean let's face it, if there hadn't been a UBB then there wouldn't be a vbulletin.

They did set the standard for the current incarnation of message boards that you see on the internet nowadays.
        That argument can be applied to pretty much anything.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by xCRYINGoutLOUDx
          Personally I think UBB doesn't get the credit it deserves. I mean let's face it, if there hadn't been a UBB then there wouldn't be a vbulletin.

They did set the standard for the current incarnation of message boards that you see on the internet nowadays.
          UBB was great in the day.

(And that's where I'll stop because I don't want to have to close this thread because of a post I make. )

Comment

• CeleronXT
            • Mar 2002

Originally posted by tubedogg
            UBB was great in the day.

(And that's where I'll stop because I don't want to have to close this thread because of a post I make. )
            It's not the day anymore.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Dec 2000

The technology that UBB used was great in the day. As new technology came out they failed to embrace this until well after everyone else had taken advantage of it.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• f-a_org
                • Nov 2002

It Still is Great For people who know how to Secure it , and make it a little bit faster.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                  • Mar 2002

Originally posted by f-a_org
                  It Still is Great For people who know how to Secure it , and make it a little bit faster.
                  You shouldn't have to do that, it should come that way.
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

• f-a_org
                    • Nov 2002

Maybe, I like to Tinker.

also, vB has the better Template System comparing UBB and vB.

I still like the UBB CGI templates also not as much as vB but the Threads template stuff is awfull, and they have no skin in there acp just white tables.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                      • Mar 2002

Maybe you like to tinker, but many others don't. If it requires this tinkering, then their product == teh bad!!!!1111one

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                        • Dec 2000

Everyone knows that UBB started the whole linear board market more or less. Before MySQL was widely used and other free databae systems were available everything needed to be flat file like UBB.classic is.

But I think its time to move from flatfile to MySQL or some other database system to bring the product up to date.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• f-a_org
                          • Nov 2002

I agree Scott, see how behaved people can talk about UBB with maturity ?!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                            • Dec 2000

yes but i have to be sensible cause I work here
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• CeleronXT
                              • Mar 2002

See, look at this. Isn't this nice? People here actually admitting that UBB was once good and just needs to be updated to get with the times. Will people at UBB do that? F*** no! All they have over there is senseless vB-bashing, locking/deleting vB threads, etc etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...