Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Are we still talking about Winamp 3+2=5 ?

btw: it's called Winamp 2.95 (unofficially).
    '5' is what they tell you
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

If it's called 2.95, why are 2.95 and 5.0 listed separately in the changelog?

Comment

• Nicholas Brown
        • Oct 2000
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Kier
        /me has a Pioneer VSX-D2011-S hooked up to B&W 603 S3, 601 S3, LCR60 S3 and ASW 675 speakers.

Sound output comes directly via USB for stereo (where the PC uses the Pioneer receiver as its sound card - very nifty indeed), or digital coaxial (far prefer the sound of this to optical) from my Hercules Gametheater XP for surround.

I have to agree with Ksilebo about DSP processing - the only post processing that I ever apply to music with this system is Dolby Prologic II Music, handled by the amplifier, and often I don't even want that. As far as post-processing for movies, some DVDs benefit from the THX post processing filters, but certainly not all.
        woah nice system there kier!

/me gets seriously jealous

Only reason I went for optical instead of coax is because my amp only has 1 coax in and I wanted my DVD on that (and the fortissimo only has a SPDIF optical out). Ive tested Optical vs Coax and I must admit, I cant tell the difference except with LFE on movie sound tracks.

Comment

• Kier
          Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
          • Sep 2000

The difference in quality between optical and coax is audible on my system... of course that could be because I use a very expensive coax cable and a nasty cheap optical cable... (DVD is connected with the expensive coax)

The best sound from the PC comes from the USB link though.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

And now that we have Winamp 5 Beta 2, I feel like this thread deserves another whirl.

Bug fixes, new "modern" skin, and just better IMO.

Comment

• BillaBongUSA
              • Mar 2002

Maybe I'll give it a try...
              http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

I downloaded beta 2 and im very pleased with it. I was using winamp 3 only for the MMD3 skin that matched my mac skin so well, but it was slow and I only kept it for looks.

Anyway I know have the best of both worlds (speed and looks) with winamp 5, it also gave me some of my fav plug-in's back and my mp3's sound good once again .

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Just a leaked Pre beta build, though being bosted on sites as being version 2.95, officials from nullsoft told me the official version number as of Oct 29th
                  was version 5.0 beta 2. No actual build number, i guess the winamp developers arent doing daily or multiple builds per week..

looks good to me, new default skin is nice and 50% of version 3.0 skins are compatible..
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...