• Show
Clear All
  • ShiningArcanine
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by WizyWyg
    Or you could just use a simple HTML hash (for example):
    PHP Code:
    <a href="mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Hello">Test</a
    For example. I've been using this since 1998 on my pages on my personal site, and not once has it been "lifted" by a spambot. The only "spam" i ever got on the address I use, was due to a dictionary attack, and I never received another spam again. And its a fairly "easily" spammable type email address.
    That is what I suggested. The email encoder encodes anything into its equivalent decimal entity.

It can be decoded by a spam bot (since the browser can read it) but the chances of a spam bot being that intelligent are at least 0.01%.

My suggestion of the other things were to create a layered shield (although I only get spam when a spammer guesses my email) against spam like I have on my site.

Comment

• WizyWyg
      • Jul 2001

Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
      That is what I suggested. The email encoder encodes anything into its equivalent decimal entity.

It can be decoded by a spam bot (since the browser can read it) but the chances of a spam bot being that intelligent are at least 0.01%.

My suggestion of the other things were to create a layered shield (although I only get spam when a spammer guesses my email) against spam like I have on my site.
      Though, that is for people who run Apache, and they would have to do that in an htaccess.

How about those who dont run Apache ( ie IIS ?)
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment