X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alwaysmefirst
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.8.x

How did you discover Vbulletin?

I discovered it through UBB forums around one month ago when I was looking for a PHP/Mysql forum. I regret I didn't discover it sooner. It seems very good and stable which is terrific for a pretty new software.

Olly
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

I think I was the one pushing John to develop it through email from the start, it just looked too nice not to
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• Martin
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.5.x

I found it from the Hacks board at UBB not long after IP announced that OT was going to be hosted only and everyone got pissed and started looking for alternatives.

I didn't start posting anything on the Dev board at EZBoards until some time after that, though.
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

• Alwaysmefirst
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by werehere
        I think I was the one pushing John to develop it through email from the start, it just looked too nice not to
        werehere: I read John was from UK, are you from UK too? Please continue to push John to develop VB, I can't wait to see its version 6.0 (number randomly chosen )

Olly

Comment

• Martin
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.5.x

I was actually looking at wwwthreads as an alternative. It's very fast, has support for different databases and a lot of nice features. It's written in mod_perl.

The problem I was having was convincing Scream (the owner/admin) that he had a very small window in which to make a conversion proggie from UBB to W3T. He was trying topack too many new features into the newer releases and missed the opportunity.

From what I understand, Net Muppet has a conversion but is holding out because he wants to trade it for a full, unexpiring license.

If this hadn't started development when it did, I might have bought Net Muppet the license just to get my hands on the conversion.
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

• AWS
            • Apr 2000
            • 5.2.x

Alex from Gossamer Threads did a conversion script and posted it as an attachment on wwwthreads forum.
            Thank you,
            Bob
            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• werehere
              • Apr 2000

werehere: I read John was from UK, are you from UK too? Please continue to push John to develop VB, I can't wait to see its version 6.0 (number randomly chosen )

I am in Seattle WA, USA and I do not have any affiliation with vBulletin other than a owner of the software I was just pushing for him to release the source in some manner and he went the appropriate steps further to make it a full featured program, and I am glad he did, not to mention I think it was a smart move because this software has a lot of potential.
              We're Here Forums!
              [email protected]

Comment

• Martin
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.5.x

Seattle????

Will you go pee on Ted's tires for me?
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

• werehere
                  • Apr 2000

HAHAHA

Yeah Seattle, close enough to do that, but wont, not for software I am not using anymore
                  We're Here Forums!
                  [email protected]

Comment

• JimF
                    • May 2000

Besides, doesn't Mercedes have some sort of "Pee Protection" for their tires?

As for the original topic, I was one of the "rebels" on the EZBoard when Open Topic was first introduced as being a hosted app. I remember many of you from there.

Remember all that BS that happened w/ Charlie Capps? LOL, I haven't noticed that he's registered here yet...

Comment

• firewire
                      • May 2000
                      • 3.6.x

I am pretty sure they won't come... they cannot delete threads or users here.... so they must stand the hard truth: they would lose the argue

Comment

• theprof
                        • May 2000

I found Vbulletin on the scriptkeeper forums. Someone mentioned the word Vbulletin, but I didnt take much note of it. The next day, that thread was deleted, so I figured that it had to be good enough for infopop to worry about, so i typed in vbulletin.com and came here.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • May 2000
                          • 1.1.x

I came here pretty much the same way theprof came - I was looking to purchase UBB but was put off by the $200 price. I saw that a certain board was being censored and some users would sneak "starts with v and ends with tin" so I took a stab at http://www.vbulletin.com and found my way here and now I am going to buy this one.

Comment

• WebStyles
                            • Apr 2000

I remember... Aaron started muttering "I don't believe it... What the... Jess, get over here, you've got to see this!". So, I went over to see what he was talking about, and the rest is history!
                            We're Here Forums!
                            [email protected]

Comment

• Rob
                              • May 2000

Originally posted by rangersfan
                              I came here pretty much the same way theprof came - I was looking to purchase UBB but was put off by the $200 price. I saw that a certain board was being censored and some users would sneak "starts with v and ends with tin" so I took a stab at http://www.vbulletin.com and found my way here and now I am going to buy this one.
                              Me too I also disliked the way the administrators there moderate the forums. Not a friendly staff at all.

Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...