seeing as how george bush an the americans are waging war on the terrorist........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill2003
    • Apr 2003

seeing as how george bush an the americans are waging war on the terrorist........

seeing as how george bush and the americans are waging war on the terrorist, are you now going to outlaw the raising of funds for the IRA...

i just wonderd as george is very outspoken when it comes to terorists that threaten the usa, is he as worried about the terorist that threaten other countrys, and the fact that they are allowed to gather funds in america???

ireland is a very imotive subjet and wont be sorted out here i would just like to hear your views, i had a friend in the armed forces who served 2 tours over there, he was not the same person when he came back........
  • rylin
    • Jan 2001

shhhhhh, don't let bush know there's non-arab terrorists!
    he'll start another war, for sure!
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by phill2003
      seeing as how george bush and the americans are waging war on the terrorist, are you now going to outlaw the raising of funds for the IRA...
      It has dropped off noticably.

i just wonderd as george is very outspoken when it comes to terorists that threaten the usa, is he as worried about the terorist that threaten other countrys, and the fact that they are allowed to gather funds in america???
      Northern Ireland dosn't have any oil.

ireland is a very imotive subjet and wont be sorted out here i would just like to hear your views, i had a friend in the armed forces who served 2 tours over there, he was not the same person when he came back........
      I was born and raised in Eire and you only ever get half the story.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Please don't lump George W and all Americans into the same basket. There are a large number of us that don't agree with a lot of his actions in this supposed "war on terror".

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
          Please don't lump George W and all Americans into the same basket...
          Ditto..
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• phill2003
            • Apr 2003

agreed but that wasnt my point, my point is america has for a long time looked the other way as gerry adams the leader of the political wing of the IRA fund raised for the terrorist arm of the IRA in the usa..

do you now think this is wrong and should be outlawed or do you think this is ok because of the large irish contingent in the usa...

and what would you do should any country decide to let an emisary of osama into their country to openly fund raise for the purpose of terrorism...

so although i agree not all americans have the same beliefs as goerge bush your position on this is unclear...

Comment

• phill2003
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jerry

I was born and raised in Eire and you only ever get half the story.
              oh i know that there are very bad people on both sides, terrorism is terrorism whichever side you are on. its the innocents that sufer in the long run.....

Comment

• bigmattyh
                • Apr 2001

1) The "War on Terror" is a tagline; the war itself is against all the terrorists who have targeted America. If the IRA took its battles to the streets of Boston or New York, you bet your ass we'd be all over them.

2) When was the last time the IRA blew up a bus, or crashed a plane into a high-rise, even in the UK?

3) What is the point of this thread? To suggest that George Bush, or that Americans are racist? I don't give a crap what color you are. If you try to kill us -- we will fight your ass back.
                iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

• phill2003
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                  1) The "War on Terror" is a tagline; the war itself is against all the terrorists who have targeted America. If the IRA took its battles to the streets of Boston or New York, you bet your ass we'd be all over them.

2) When was the last time the IRA blew up a bus, or crashed a plane into a high-rise, even in the UK?

3) What is the point of this thread? To suggest that George Bush, or that Americans are racist? I don't give a crap what color you are. If you try to kill us -- we will fight your ass back.
                  ok so your war on terror is a tagline that presupposes attacks on the usa are the only ones that matter, cool however should you wish 'help' from anybody in the future make this point up front........

2/ this is strange is the life of one person less valuable than the life of thousands, or is it that the life of americans are sacrosanct and the rest of the human race can go to hell........

3 ?????????racism?????where did that come from i am talking about terrorism i asked if you supported gerry adams fund raising for the IRA to facilitate there terror campaign against the british isles, which i might add you havnt answerd..

you fully expect us the british to support you without question which i am perfectly willing to do, and did do, but i would expect the same in return....

i do not 'hate' you or the americans, infact there is nothing i would like better than to come to your great country for a visit, i have an american friend, we have differing opinions on things but i dont get called a racist because of it.

i hope you can see my point..

phill

Comment

• Tolitz
                    • Dec 2000

you fully expect us the british to support you without question which i am perfectly willing to do, and did do, but i would expect the same in return....
                    Good point ... be careful though ... the US's priority is itself right now, and anything that will not serve the Bush government's own interest is not high in their to-do list ... but you already knew that, did you?
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• bigmattyh
                      • Apr 2001

FIRST: Let me apologize for the tone of my first post. I've dealt with a lot of people who love to attack the US and GWB in particular (without being very clear on any of their facts), and I got into defensive mode without any justification. Sorry.
                      attacks on the usa are the only ones that matter,
                      Where ever did you get that idea? Attacks on the US are the only ones we're obligated to do anything about, and yes, absolutely, it will be a priority to take care of those situations that affect us most directly. But if you'll notice, that didn't stop us from working with the UK and the IRA in trying to work out a peace agreement. We had no obligation to help, but we did.
                      this is strange is the life of one person less valuable than the life of thousands, or is it that the life of americans are sacrosanct and the rest of the human race can go to hell........
                      Do you really think we're capable of taking care of all the ills in the world? And further, do you really want the US acting as the world's policeman? I sure don't.

Also, there's another dimension to this, too: the situation between N. Ireland and Britain has largely been approached as an internal manner, that London has been able to take care of on its own. (Of course, that is debatable.) Hard to go in and wipe out, say, the IRA, without being 1) too interventionist and 2) too heavy-handed. Each situation is different.

racism????? where did that come from
                      Sorry, lumped another post in with yours (the one about "non-arab" terrorists.

For the record, we're not all one homogenic mass over here. There are people here who do support the IRA (for some perspective, there are also a few people here who still think Hitler had the right idea), but most of us think the kind of violence they carry out is totally reprehensible. I'm one of those. I NEVER support violence as a means to achieve your ends unless it is in imminent self-defense. That's why we have governments.

As far as I know, the IRA is on the State Department's list of terrorist organizations, and as such, it is illegal to support their activities. If it isn't, it should be, ESPECIALLY in light of Blair and Britain's support of the United States in our war against the terrorists who have declared war on us.
                      Last edited by bigmattyh; Mon 9 Jun '03, 12:14pm.
                      iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

• rylin
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                        What about the ones that haven't?
                        To be honest, I still haven't seen any valid reason to invade Iraq.. and there's the possible talks about invading the neighboring countries as well?

As for the whole racism part, you can't really deny that there's a certain truth to it. (Obviously, I'm talking about the current seat of power, not the people living in the states)

Ca. 13000 people possibly being deported from the states after following up on a note to arabs and non american muslims to register with the immigration authorities. ca 13000 of the 82000 people are now possibly facing a nice little walk to the border
                        That forum

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

has the US found any WMDs in Iraq yet?

Comment

• iDavid
                            • Dec 2002

Nope.

I'm not sure what you're hearing in the Alpha Quadrant, but finally (and thankfully) people here are beginning to question Bush and his "evidence", and I use the term loosely.

Comment

• rylin
                              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Jakeman
                              has the US found any WMDs in Iraq yet?
                              Found Osama?
                              Big daddy Saddam?
                              WMD?

Note: if you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, professional help is suggested :P
                              That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...