How much money have you put into your board?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe
    • May 2000

Originally posted by version2
    Ugh. Id rather not talk about it.
    Best answer yet!
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

• jmd
      • Jan 2002

Nothing anymore

I shut it down because of a lack of membership

After 14 months and only 10 regular visitors and only 6 of those posted regularly, why would I keep it going?

New people that are thinking of getting into the forum hobby you better do the math it can get expensive and the odds are stacked against you that your forum will grow.

Also keep in mind that if it grows too much it will cost you a fortune to run it.
      PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

• version2
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by jmd
        Also keep in mind that if it grows too much it will cost you a fortune to run it.
        We consider the fortune we spend as giving back to the community. A charity so to speak. We have never accepted ONE PENNY either. We have had fund raisers for charities, but thats it. It feels good to do something like we do.
        version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
        Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• version2
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by version2
          We consider the fortune we spend as giving back to the community. A charity so to speak. We have never accepted ONE PENNY either. We have had fund raisers for charities, but thats it. It feels good to do something like we do.
          We meaning myself and my wife.
          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
          Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• Andrew111888
            • Mar 2003

There are people at my board who have offered to donate to cover funding, or ask why I don't have a donate link, and I simply reply "I don't want it." because I like to help people, and have other people recieve help from my board.

Comment

• bahbah
              • Dec 2001
              • 3.8.x

I shudder to think how much I've spent TBH. Although I'm sure my wife could tell you lol!

Comment

• Zecherieh
                • Oct 2000
                • 3.0.0 'Gold'

ouch, dont want to think about it, about 40,000 over the last three years, 30 of it in the last six months (for the entire project not just the forums)

Comment

• Andrew111888
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Zecherieh
                  ouch, dont want to think about it, about 40,000 over the last three years, 30 of it in the last six months (for the entire project not just the forums)
                  40,000? 40,000? 40,000? 40,000? 40,000? Are you INSANE?!!?

Comment

• N9ne
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                    40,000? 40,000? 40,000? 40,000? 40,000? Are you INSANE?!!?
                    Sounds like he bought a datacenter

See for most of us, having forums is like a hobby, and say other hobbies could cost a lot more than having forums, not all but some can . Like say you collect TVs? (ok that's weird if you do but if you do, it would cost a lot ) so yeah.

Just ignore me

Comment

• Zecherieh
                      • Oct 2000
                      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

You got to realize it is over the last three years, and its not my money

At good chunk of that has been payroll over the last six months as we work to finally finish my site, only like a year or two later than expected.

Oh, and total income from the site at this point totals around zero, give or take zero. But if you want to add in the dual zeon I picked up yesterday to go with the regular 2.0 ghz server and the three computers I use surrounding me now that are between a 1.8 ghz and a 2.53 ghz, we can probably add a few more cents on to that total.

Comment

• Zecherieh
                        • Oct 2000
                        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Oh, this is my hobby, just got more expensive as I learned how to do more. I have sitting in the closet right now a half finished fantasy sports game that would have blown anything outthere out of the water if I could have ever finsihed it (ESPNs new one looks damn good )

I also think that I am about the only place this side of a multi billion dollar company that has full featured game tracker thingys, they are just sitting gathering dust waiting for me to get the art work done. Need more weeks in the day damnit.

Comment

• Shuriken-UK
                          • Jun 2003

£90 for vbulletin
                          £30 a year for hosting (until I get my card re-activated on paypal, then it will be £80 a year with better hosting)
                          £15 for 2 domains for a year

£135 so far

Comment

• Chaotic Reality
                            • May 2003

My previous host hosted me for free, I just paid $17/yr for my domain, then I bought my vB and their server couldn't hack it so I had to find new hosting. $25/mo for hosting, $160 for vb license. I should stick to one hobby..between my computers, web doings, and my car, I shell out a lot of money.

-Jon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...