Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icheb
    • Nov 2002

Design Rip

The creator of www.halliwell-house.de clearly TOTALLY ripped our design (www.charmed-forum.de). He is already banned at our forum for forum abuse, so he is not that responsive when it comes down to discussing this issue with him.
    What can I do? His webhost is located in Germany, are they in some sort obligated to take actions in this case?
    Or is the only thing i can do to just make it public in his forum so that his members get aware of this?

• orca
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

I think the best way is to contact him first, then the host. May you read the AUP and the TOS of that host and look for a contact adress for abuses.
    Ueli

Comment

• phill2003
      • Apr 2003

i've only looked at the front page but it looks totaly different to me... the only thing the same is the colours and you cant copyright them....

the header image is different the buttons are different and the on off buttons are different....

what do you want to happen, do you want him to change his colours??? cos i doubt that he will......

Comment

• orca
        • Mar 2001
        • 5.5.x

I think the layout of the tables is the same although the other one uses a fixed width.
        Ueli

Comment

• version2
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by orca
          I think the layout of the tables is the same although the other one uses a fixed width.
          Yah, but only the graphic design can be 'coprighted'. The table structure and colors are the only noticeable similarities.

Sorry, Ich. That sucks man...but there is probably nothing you ca do.
          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
          Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• Icheb
            • Nov 2002

Set aside the buttons and graphics, they had one or two ideas but the rest IS copied. Forumhome, postbit, almost everything.
            And as stated, he isn't very responsive since he's banned at our forum due to abuse.

I think I'll just politely make his other members aware of this and that's it. Thank you for your help guys.

Comment

• DirectPixel
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.5.x

Personally, I don't think that's something to worry about.

It's not like they copied your forum's unique look -- all they did was change vBulletin's default colors, which is something that anyone can do.

If they completely copied your unique design, from header to footer, with the same images, same wording, and same colors, than that's something to worry about.
              :)

Comment

• okrogius
                • Dec 2001

You really don't have a design to be ripped in the first place. Having everything black with a blue border is NOT a design.

You can't copyright a color.

Everything that IS the design (per se) you have, such as buttons, logo, are in fact not copied.
                Last edited by okrogius; Wed 21 May '03, 5:16pm.

Comment

• phill2003
                  • Apr 2003

for it to be a rip you need to have something you either bought or made yourself on his website....the tables and colours dont count........upsetting though it is it is not copyright infringment to have the same looking board just damn annoying......so unless he has some of your graphics on his site there really isnt much you can do.........

Comment

• Beramode
                    • Apr 2002

You should be flattered - he likes your design.

Comment

• Icheb
                      • Nov 2002

Forgive me, but I am not . I am just annoyed by this person.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...