X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

John and James, be proud!

vBulletin is now the newest word on the censor list at InfoPop.

tooooo funny...
    Webmaster:
    @forumz
  • firewire
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

Yeah, I just noticed that some minutes ago, too.
    The scriptkeper.com (funny, the competitor's URL is not censored here...) UBB (not censored either?!) starts to get on my nerves. They behave truelly immature.

I just ordered a 2nd domain for the vBulletin, and when it's there, I will move along all the UBB crap and I am out of there. Damn, I am an adult... I need no thinking for me, or censoring for me.

Comment

• John
      • Apr 2000

Thanks for all the support that you guys have been giving. We really appreciate it, and we also appreciate you spreading word about vBulletin.

I must ask that you try not to annoy Infopop too much. I do not agree with some of the things that they have been doing recently, but if they have requested that vBulletin should not be discussed on their boards, it is only polite to observe their request. I can see your point of view completely, but it is their board, so it would be best to leave them to it.

Thanks again for the support,

John
      John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• firewire
        • May 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by John
        I can see your point of view completely, but it is their board, so it would be best to leave them to it.
        Exactly what I did this morning... I am tired of them. I don't need a holy crusade about UBB/vBulletin. I don't even want propaganda on both sides. But I tried to have a non-emotional discussion about UBB and it's future, unfortunately Infopop was unwilling (uncapable?) of listening. Their problem. I chose my customer's right and left silently...

Effect: Ordered a vBulletin licence 2 hours ago and am just transferring 22.00 files (holy s***!) of cgi files right now to another server (where VB will be)

I will post a short conclusio report of the procedure if all went through just to motivate people "upgrading" their UBB (if no one minds). But I will do it here.

Comment

• Menno
          • Apr 2000

Well, this certainly shows infopop's maturaty
          But it's their own business
          Not that it's going to help them in any way
          - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• Alwaysmefirst
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Menno
            Well, this certainly shows infopop's maturaty
            But it's their own business
            Not that it's going to help them in any way
            They are pretty inmature...I wanted to reply about an ISP question there and I got the following message:

"Sorry, but we have no one registered with the UserName you typed (Alwaysmefirst). Please try again. Use your Back button."

Of course it didn't work! Please note I never put the link to this board there and just complained about their renewal license rate that went from $25 to $75 a year.

Moving my board to Vbulletin this weekend

Olly

Comment

• firewire
              • May 2000
              • 3.6.x

Just a second... let me get this straight.... they have DELETED your account?!
              Nah come on... are you sure... if yes... that would be a reason for me to drop some final words there on the board.

BTW: I just successfully to vbulletin from UBB. You might want to compare http://www.dvdboard.de to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

Guess what is what

Comment

• Martin
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.5.x

I agree with John.

While I give them hell over there about the whole OT thing (I'm still pissed that they promised us a DB back-end we could install on our servers then changed it to hosted only) and that they said just a few weeks ago when they raised lease prices that they weren't going to change full-license prices then did it, I rarelye mention vBulletin by name nor have I ever put a link to it. I think that's just bad form and would actually do more to hurt sales here than help in the long run.

If we, the converted, go over there and act like a bunch of immature children and leave links to here, do you think serious potential customers are going to follow them to a product that seems to be used primarily by brats?

Just my 3 cents (indexed for inflation)
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

• Alwaysmefirst
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Martin
                  Just my 3 cents (indexed for inflation)
                  It would be your $3 if you worked for OT

Olly
                  (to firewire: yep, it was simply deleted but that's ok...I will stay here now )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...