Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    • Mar 2001

License question on test forum.

I've set up a test forum (it's currently passwd protected like required) for a hack that I've been working on. It's time to release the hack now and I'm curious about the legality of releasing the hack. I'd really like to just close the forum to posts/registrations/etc. and link to it as an example of the hack (remove the passwd protection) however, from what I gather in the license, I shouldn't (and technically, according the the license, can't) do this.

I guess my question is does the required passwd protection apply to all test forums or just ones that are "fully featured"? If I'm killing all possiblities of utilizing the forum in any way other than viewing my hack does it still violate the license to make it public?

If this is indeed a breach of the license agreement, I'm assuming that screenshots of my test forum are alright?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry but that would be a violation of the license agreement. You can post screenshots though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rebby
      • Mar 2001

That's what I thought... Screenshots it will have to be then... Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...