Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bane
    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Chen
    You allowed the world to play war games far too long than you should have, which is common policy with the United States even today.
    Yet when the united states decides to take a preactive stance the world lambasts it, its unfortunate, I agree.

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Bane
      Yet when the united states decides to take a preactive stance the world lambasts it, its unfortunate, I agree. [img]images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
      There is a huge difference between starting a war and ending a war. One is more righteous than the other.

I support the war on Iraq because it's something that has to be done sooner or later, but I still don't understand why the US decided to act on that matter first when it's obvious that are more dangerous regimes out there. Does George spin a special wheel whenever he's bored and decides to take out the lucky chosen leader?
      Last edited by Chen; Sat 22 Mar '03, 4:08am.
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Bane
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Chen
        There is a huge difference between starting a war and ending a war. One is more righteous than the other.

I support the war on Iraq because it's something that has to be done sooner or later, but I still don't understand why the US decided to act on that matter first when it's obvious that are more dangerous regimes out there. Does George spin a special wheel whenever he's bored and decides to take out the lucky chosen leader?
        Dunno, I always thought it was a kind of mix of things. One being the son finishing what the father started, the second being a ramping effect of sorts. We can easily whip Afghanistan, Iraq is only a shade more difficult, on the other hand a country like N. Korea has a much more substantial army and the ability to hit the shores of the United States. I suspect both had influence over Bushies descision.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The biggest difference between Iraq and N. Korea?

North Korea's neighbors (South Korea, Japan, China) want to talk this out. Iraq's immediate neighbors didn't.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nuno
            • Apr 2001
            • 3.8.x

Well, Colombo discovered America, he was Italian, he was "hired" by Spain to do it, and after that, we saw a mass emigration from Europe to America, so, weren't Europeans freed by Europeans?
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

Comment

• jmd
              • Jan 2002

"The biggest difference between Iraq and N. Korea?"

I think the biggest difference is that N. Korea can defend itself in a big way, and Iraq can't

N Korea has a million man army that’s well trained, well armed, and tough as nails. The US has chosen the easiest of targets; they would not dare handle N Korea in the same manor, and anyone that believe they would is in dreamland.
              PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

• nuno
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.8.x

*gulp*
                http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...ons/index.html
                You're my Prince of Peace
                And I will live my life for You

Comment

• AWS
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 5.2.x

Originally posted by jmd
                  "The biggest difference between Iraq and N. Korea?"

I think the biggest difference is that N. Korea can defend itself in a big way, and Iraq can't

N Korea has a million man army that’s well trained, well armed, and tough as nails. The US has chosen the easiest of targets; they would not dare handle N Korea in the same manor, and anyone that believe they would is in dreamland.
                  War games are going on in the area. North Korea is saying it is the U.S. testing whether they can wage war on 2 fronts at the same time. They are not happy and said that it is bringing the area to the brink of nuclear war.
                  North Korea is well trained and wel armed according to sources. The same was said about Iraq before GW 1. Iraq was the 3rd most powerful military on the planet behind U.S. and Russia. After the war ended it was found be a false claim.
                  Don't for one minute think the U.S. will back down if North Korea starts an offensive.
                  No, the war won't go the same way as against Iraq. North Korea will fight to the end and if the end if not favaorable to them they will release their nuclear weapons.
                  Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Raz Meister
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    The biggest difference between Iraq and N. Korea?

North Korea's neighbors (South Korea, Japan, China) want to talk this out. Iraq's immediate neighbors didn't.
                    I do not think that is true at all!

Apart from Kuwait, no other state neighbouring Iraq wants to see military action there!
                    Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                      I do not think that is true at all!

Apart from Kuwait, no other state neighbouring Iraq wants to see military action there!
                      It that were really true then why do we have troops based in countries all over the region and permission to base those troops was given after it was announced they would be used to invade Iraq.

Politics is a weird animal... People will say one thing publicly but act completely different. Actions speak louder than words.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AWS
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 5.2.x

Not to mention the rumor that Israel and Jordan are working together in a joint covert op just inside the Iraqi border. Heard that one on MSNBC and CNN last night.
                        When was the last time an Arab country did anything besides engage in peace talks with Israel?

Comment

• Raz Meister
                          • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          It that were really true then why do we have troops based in countries all over the region and permission to base those troops was given after it was announced they would be used to invade Iraq.

Politics is a weird animal... People will say one thing publicly but act completely different. Actions speak louder than words.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.
                          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

• jmd
                            • Jan 2002

AWS

You cannot compare Iraq with N Korea.

You have some valid points in your post; all I’m saying is that the military of N Korea is way above the rag tag army of Iraq.

The States are like a 9-foot giant taking on a small child in a fight as far as Iraq is concerned, there is no contest here, but don't think for a minute that N Korea can be handled as easily.

The states wont do a thing to N Korea unless they advance on a country, but as of right now the States or any country won’t mess with them.

The casualties would be massive on both sides.
                            PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by jmd
                              You have some valid points in your post; all I’m saying is that the military of N Korea is way above the rag tag army of Iraq.
                              Is it?

The North Korea economy is in worse shape than the Iraqi one. Iraq at least can sell oil for food and medicine.

Until a few months ago, North Korea got most of their heating oil from the United States. To this day, they get hundreds of thousands of tons of food from the United States every month to feed their people. They have nothing to sell except Scuds and a few other weapons systems.

Sure they have a million men in their army. But how well fed are they? How is their moral. There is more than having a good army than the numbers.

Before the Persian Gulf war, the Iraqi army was estimated at 1 Million Men. Sure Saddam had that many men at the time. They were well equipped with Scuds (same as the N. Koreans), a fine airforce, and a strong land army even if they had some outdated equipment. However, it turned out that most of that army was conscripts and feared for their lives. What if it is the same in North Korea?

Appearances can be deceiving.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AWS
                                • Apr 2000
                                • 5.2.x

I'm not comparing the military of Iraq to that of North Korea. I'm stating a point that 12 years ago the Iraqi army was thought to be the 3rd best army in the World and the Republic Guard was supposed to be the 2nd best special forces group in the World.
                                It proved to be a false claim. The verdict is still out on the Replublican Guard because the U.S. didn't drive deep enough into the country to engage them last time.
                                This time we will see if they have the resolve to fight or if they will fold as the regular army did.
                                North Korea has a proven army and the U.S. can attest to that having fought them years earlier. The big difference is North Korea is not ruled by a madman and the negotiations for peace are ongoing in the region.

Comment