Dispair.com trademarks :-( , plans to sue millions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

At the bottom:
    Articles and items appearing in our "Recent Spin" are satirical and are not intended to be an accurate portrayal of the persons, companies or events depicted within them.

Comment

• thetakerfan
      • Jun 2000

damn, he would have been able to sue AOL,

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
        • May 2000

what really makes me laugh is the photo of them eating (they look a bit screwy and one of them has their eyes crossed) AND the fact he wants to change his name to a symbol. Can we say Prince should sue? ;D

Comment

• TBIRD
          • Jan 2001

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

SO SUE ME!

I never heard anything so fckn ridiculous

the only ppl who are gonna make any $ here are the Lawyers.

Comment

• Joe
            • May 2000

Hehe, I have been a dispair fan for years, i have talked to the CEO once, hillarious guy.

All i can say is:
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

• Joe
              • May 2000

Originally posted by SonnetCelestial
              what really makes me laugh is the photo of them eating (they look a bit screwy and one of them has their eyes crossed) AND the fact he wants to change his name to a symbol. Can we say Prince should sue? ;D
              Actualy, Prince has gone back to his "real" name as of Jan 1st, the symbol was just a way for him to break out of a really bad contract for 8 years
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                • May 2000

Okay... I apologize (if you can call it that) I didn't waste 5 minutes of my life to learn that his cynical and rather annoying humor has amounted to nothing more than a site parodying every nuance of human failure. As though that hasn't been done by all my arrogant guy friends just that they didn't include pretty pictures to boot.

Parodies are so overdone and overhyped.

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                  • May 2000

Btw I am not angry, just terribly bored and frustrated of all these "haha I'm the funniest and best because I can parody" sites. Why can't people get off their butts and be inventive instead of making money off of parodies? Not a hot internet stock I'd want to invest.

Comment

• Parker Trasborg
                    • Dec 2000

I wanna get in trouble for typing that. What are they gonna sue me for. Can you get in trouble if you aren't using it to make money. I saw this posted above and figured I will mention it again because this cracked me up:

Despair has also petitioned the court to require defendants to submit a handwritten letter which repeats the phrase ":-( is a registered trademark of Despair, Inc." one-thousand times. A ruling on the petition is expected within a week.

Comment

• Benjamint
                      • Jan 2001

I agree with SonnetCelestial. Why couldn't these guys do something *inventive*, you know? Something really out-of-left-field that would get people talking about them... Something that hasn't been done before... Something funny but truly original, too...

Oh wait. I guess they did... They trademarked an emoticon then wrote a fake news story about threatening to sue everyone who ever uses it... And now they've got a bunch of strangers TALKING about it (and, incredibly, it looks like half of the people posting here BELIEVED the article! Hilarious!)

My favorite article on their site is the "Think Same" one. But I'm a Mac-nut, so I was glad to see someone take the piss out on FuturePower...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...