Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigsnowdog
    • Jan 2003

Privacy statements and terms of use

I am in the final stages of readying a vBulletin site for public use. I am putting together a privacy statement and also a list of terms of use. I have looked at examples of these from various sites, and have some ideas.

However, I wonder if there are any public domain examples of these documents that can be found and used, modified as necessary or appropriate? Any suggestiongs?

Also, my site, using vBulletin, will be much better than some that use the "list" appearing, primitive forums. I am going to put together a list of advantages to provide to users. The reason is that an existing forum in my market uses the primitive format, and when the webmaster has run a trial of a more sophisticated forum application, the users complained because it was not what they were used to.

Any thoughts as to good virtues for vBulletin to list?

thanks...
  • dynamite
    • Sep 2002
    • 3.6.x

Want to see an extensive Terms of Service, check out mine at http://www.videogamingforums.com/for...hp?threadid=60

Comment

• Michelle69
      • Sep 2001
      • 3.6.x

Feel free to look at mine

Comment

• bigsnowdog
        • Jan 2003

That is very thorough. Did you write that yourself, or did you enlist the aid of an attorney?

Comment

• bigsnowdog
          • Jan 2003

....actually, my previous remarks applies to both of you!

Comment

• Michelle69
            • Sep 2001
            • 3.6.x

lol, it's a compilation of about 4 years worth of stuff added along the way. It started out as a generic type disclaimer but I've re-written most of it.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

I find this privacy statement says it all

ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• 1QuickSI
                • Oct 2001

Our Privacy policy - www.hostboard.com/privacy.html
                Our Terms of Use - www.hostboard.com/terms.html
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
                PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• lisamie
                  • Apr 2002

Wow, these are quite impressive. I am looking for a good clear concise disclaimer to use myself. I have quite a few private forums on my board and feel that a great disclaimer would help weed out some. I am curious, how much would I be able to use of any of your disclaimers, before it becomes offensive?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...