Will vB3 ever be released?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

That is a bug in the parsing script, I privmsg'd scott on IRC about it, guess he will be looking into it or notice it to kier soon.

Comment

• P.Jackson
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.8.x

im sure it will as the announcement said "Beta testing to start soon" it's just like when a company plans on making a game how long does that take? is there allways delays? YES im sure we all wouldnt want a product that would have errors all the time i want a product that i can just install and leave it to do what it does best and im sure the vb team are doing that we have had a great chance to test vb3 out here and report the bugs and we all know there are still a few bugs popping up every day so leave the dev team to do there work posting posts like this is only wasting there time they also have to go through legal procedings before they actully release a new version "correct me if im wrong" so i voted yes

Comment

• Arkham
        • Mar 2001
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Nemon
        Isn't anyone else slightly shocked by the fact almost 50% of ppl think vB3 won't be released, this means ppl have actually lost hope.
        Nah, it just means that they don't have any clue about software development. Besides, there's no accounting for the majority of people who know it's on its way and didn't waste their time on a pointless poll.

Comment

• Radgam
          • Jan 2003

i think it will be released eventually, but i'm slightly (no offence jelsoft!) disappointed the beta isn't out yet. I'm sure all of you would agree that you'd love to help out with the beta testing program on your own forums as well as here. it would also give us all a chance to see how it works and can come up with suggests for features we like in/changed (although i'm sure they are all great!).

Comment

• JamesUS
            • Aug 2000

We do understand everyone's disappointment, but I'm sure you'd be more disappointed if the product we released was full of bugs. The private beta will start very soon now, and the participants will be hearing more details about this pretty soon. It really isn't going to be very long now.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

That is good news, can't wait.

I rather wait a few more months and get a more bug-free version then running something that feels like phpBB, or likes.

Comment

• Radgam
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JamesUS
                We do understand everyone's disappointment, but I'm sure you'd be more disappointed if the product we released was full of bugs. The private beta will start very soon now, and the participants will be hearing more details about this pretty soon. It really isn't going to be very long now.
                yeah, definatly. But i don't see anything majorly wrong at the moment Can't wait for the beta to start anyway!

Comment

• Chris Stewart
                  • Oct 2001

Wow, I can't believe it came up almost 50/50. I too understand the development process, I'm a developer myself. If it was going to take this long, it shouldn't have been mentioned so long ago, IMO. I mean damn, the public beta was put out in Aug 02 (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=51818). It's been in beta for a full 7 months. I know enough about the dev process to know you guys must have had some serious issues. Taking your time for a "bug free" (we all know it isn't really possible, bugs are a way of live in first releases) release is good. People just shouldn't have been aware of it's development so long ago. Take this thread for example, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44681 . People have been waiting for a final release for about 10 months now.
                  Console Racing Review

Comment

• Radon3k
                    • Nov 2001

Keep in mind that all the people who want the product now and keep bugging the devs as to when it will be released will be the first people to complain of any bugs that are found in vB3 no matter when it's released, but especially if it were to be released before it's ready .

Comment

• Nemon
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Radon3k
                      Keep in mind that all the people who want the product now and keep bugging the devs as to when it will be released will be the first people to complain of any bugs that are found in vB3 no matter when it's released, but especially if it were to be released before it's ready .
                      How can you possibly prove what you said, do you keep some naggers to complainers record we should be aware of?

No, i expect the people who have waited silently so that the product has its needed development time to be bug free will be the first to complain, well perhaps thats just a guess.

The people who just want a beta copy to play with will accept there are bugs.

On a side note, is it only me who finds the amazingly patronising?

Comment

• jmd
                        • Jan 2002

I don’t understand this bug free nonsense

This is an impossibility even if they don’t release it for another year.

They have always had bugs and will have them in the future (this is why we have many new releases) and postponing it will not prevent this.

So if people think they will have a totally bug free VB3 when its finally released are dreaming.

Good God how long has the current version been out and we have updates constantly, so I would expect the same with VB3 weather its released today or a year from now.

Nothing much can be done about this, it’s the nature of the beast I guess.

Just my two cents worth
                        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • Dec 2000

well the beta testers have been contacted and the majorty if them have replied, we're looking for a beta test this week.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Vile
                            • Jul 2002
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
                            Wow, I can't believe it came up almost 50/50.
                            Yeah, it's sad isn't it? You can't please everyone I guess. It's been said over and over again that it makes more sense to release a working, stable product instead of a buggy one, but some people still fail to see that.
                            Webmaster / Administrator
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Chris Stewart
                              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Vile
                              Yeah, it's sad isn't it? You can't please everyone I guess. It's been said over and over again that it makes more sense to release a working, stable product instead of a buggy one, but some people still fail to see that.
                              I would consider this "Beta 1.0" that's been running at vb.com for the past few months plenty stable for a x.0.0 release. I guess that's just me.
                              Console Racing Review

Comment

• Arkham
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
                                I would consider this "Beta 1.0" that's been running at vb.com for the past few months plenty stable for a x.0.0 release. I guess that's just me.
                                But this just involves one narrow set of variables... As I understand it, the reason for the beta is--not to sound like Don King or anything--to test a variety of installa-shuns, configura-shuns, and interpreta-shuns.

It might look dandy from where we're sitting, but it'd be silly to release it without first consulting a wider range of test environments.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...