Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Yahoo deactivated My EMail Account!

STUPID FREAKING Yahoo deactived my email account without giving me a reason why. I found myself suddenly unable to access my email so I thought I got hacked and went to reset my password. When I filled out my information to reset my email account I find this out:

This Yahoo! Account Has Been DeactivatedPlease remember that the Yahoo! Terms of Service provides that Yahoo! may terminate a User's password, account or use of the Service if Yahoo! believes (a) that a User has violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Yahoo! Terms of Service, or (b) that a User has violated the rights of Yahoo! or other Users or parties.

STUPID FREAKING YAHOO! They didn't tell me anything!!!!!!!
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment
  • Techguy1
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.7.x

try emailing them
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

You can't email them! There isn't an email to email! I hate those technical support areas cause all they send are automated messages!!!!!

And worst thing of all is I have no freaking idea what I did that constitutes locking up of my account!!!!!!
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Julie
        • Jan 2002

That happened to a girl on my boards not too long ago, she is still confused to this day why it was closed

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

I'm sooooo peeved right now.

I lost months of work!

From my vBulletin license (Need to confirm this first) to several dozen egroups to another few million forum groups, affiliate links/emails/newsletters, webmaster contact info, saved emails, a dozen saved gift certificates!

Right now I'm scrambling to put everything back in order. This is sooooo FREAKING ANNOYING....

I use this yahoo account so much and depend on it greatly. Lots of my stuff I do at my site is associated with this email account! ARGH! Talk about headaches!

*fumes*

Comment

• LeeCHeSSS
            • Jan 2002

Who in their right mind would use a FREE email account for serious business???

Comment

• SaintDog
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.5.x

My girlfriend lost hers a few days ago when she signed up for a Wizard of Oz "Yahoo Friends" group - I am not sure what Yahoo is on.....

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

Wizard of Oz "Yahoo Friends" group
                Mine got deactivated when i signed up for the fairy tale yahoo group
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
                  My thoughts exactly. I see so many bounced emails from the free accounts that I don't see why anyone would rely on these accounts for any serious business.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • May 2000
                    • 1.1.x

My main address is from http://www.netidentity.com, and has been for about 5 years now, going back to when there were www.mailbank.com and only cost $4.95 per year <grumbles>

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
                      I depend on it because I get sometimes hit by viruses. (daily I might add)

I got tired of it so I transfered a lot of my stuff to there to protect me. I was getting tired of seeing Klez and dozen other virus emails in my inbox.

Spam is another set of annoying emails I really hate. At least with the free email account I didn't have to worry about those garbage ending up in my main email and I can sort through it properly.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                        • Mar 2002

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        I depend on it because I get sometimes hit by viruses. (daily I might add)
                        Who doesn't?
                        Last edited by CeleronXT; Sat 22 Feb '03, 5:40am.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• mheinemann
                          • Oct 2002

[QUOTE='CeleronXT']
                          Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          I depend on it because I get sometimes hit by viruses. (daily I might add)QUOTE]

Who doesn't?
                          I don't.
                          Hello :)

Comment

• Ksilebo
                            • May 2001

I personally dont ever get hit by email virii, but the lusers at work I dealt with did.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                              Who doesn't?
                              I don't. I run a capable virus protector and firewall on my computer so they are removed completely before I even see them.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...