new monitor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin64
    • Mar 2002

I suppose some have more sensitive eyes than others, some people run their CRT's at 60 Hz and don't see the flickering (or they're just slow ), anything below 75 Hz looks bad IMO.

TFT's are completely different though, 60 Hz is recommended for my monitor and it does look great.
    5 vBulletin licenses and counting!

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

I use my laptop's LCD screen - a Sony Vaio 16.1" running at 1600x1200. It's a brilliant screen - I'm also considering getting another LCD screen to use with it when I'm at my desk, as I frequently run out of space in my 1600x1200 desktop!

Comment

• Kier
        Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
        • Sep 2000

I wouldn't be without my FW900s...

[View piccie here]

... just in the process of getting a new desk built so that I can use them both again (the combined weight of two FW900s broke my old desk )

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Kier

[View piccie here]

... just in the process of getting a new desk built so that I can use them both again (the combined weight of two FW900s broke my old desk )

wouldn't 2 x 19/21" LCDs have been better ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• XiXora
            • Aug 2001

/me notices everyone trying to view new bits in vB3
            www.xixora.com
            Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

• Kier
              Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
              • Sep 2000

Originally posted by eva2000

wouldn't 2 x 19/21" LCDs have been better ?
              No, definitely not. The cheapest CRT has far greater colour fidelity than the most expensive LCD at the moment. In my line of work (other than vBulletin) colour fidelity is absolutely of paramount importance and LCD screens just can't deliver the accuraracy that I need.

Sure LCD screens take up far less desk space than CRT screens but for a discerning graphics professional like myself that really isn't a good enough reason to abandon CRT screens.

And as an aside, you should see the focus, linearity and geometrical accuracy that the FW900 manages... it's quite astonishing for a CRT.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

LCDs aren't good for graphics work.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                  • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Kier
                  Buy me one?
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                  Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

now the back light is consistantly going out after about 15-20 seconds of being on. Samsung is sending me an advanced replacement, shipping paid. At least their service is better than Sony (I had to pay shipping and I had to ship mine to them first).

I'm using my old Sony G400 19'' CRT for now. ewwwww flicker

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...