Best Place to get a good notebook for cheap?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinko
    • Nov 2002

Best Place to get a good notebook for cheap?

Anybody know of a place like that, that has relatively new notebook but for cheap, from $500 to less? If so, can you let me know. Also, if they accept Paypal, that would be good but I can live without also. Thanks
  • Techguy1
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.7.x

well, there are always some good deals on eBay. Actually I am selling my 'old' laptop there now, but it's a bit more than what you are looking for, since it's relatively new and with some software.
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

I think you'd have to go to ebay or similar for that. Laptops are fairly expensive - you certainly won't get a new one for $500 and I don't know of any good second-hand places.

Maybe try going to local computer dealers and ask if they have any second-user laptops for sale. I used to work at a small local shop and they often had second-hand PC's and laptops for sale.

Comment

• CeleronXT
        • Mar 2002

You most likely won't get any that great for $500.... I was watching Dell auction for lots of old laptops, and some lappys at 233 MHz were sold for $400.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Sinko
          • Nov 2002

Just so everyone knows, I am probably going to get a computer with a 1 ghz AMD Proccessor, 128MB of Ram, and a 40-Gig HD for $200. One of my co-workers are selling it and I can't miss out on that. Tell me what ya think.

Comment

• Techguy1
            • Jul 2002
            • 3.7.x

i'd say not bad, whats the screen size?
            HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...