Is this kind of stuff allowed on V Bulletin Boards??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaben
    • Dec 2001

Is this kind of stuff allowed on V Bulletin Boards??

I thought vB went against letting members use their boards for bashing other vB sites and members like this?
  • Paul J
    • Sep 2001

I don't think Jelsoft is able to control what people say on their own websites.

Are you suggesting that the internet be policed, and companies be able to say what is and what isn't acceptable to be said on it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

We have no direct control over the thousands of sties running vB. Unless the site in question is violating the license agreement, there's nothing we can do.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CeleronXT
        • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        We have no direct control over the thousands of sties running vB. Unless the site in question is violating the license agreement, there's nothing we can do.
        LOL, thousands of "sties." Are you implying that those sites running vB's are sties?

What a pig sty. :-/
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Zaben
          • Dec 2001

I thought members had to agree not to use their boards like that when they got their license to make it. I didn't really feel like watching ppl get away with bashing like that if it was supposed to not be allowed. If it can't be helped, then nevermind.

Comment

• Paul J
            • Sep 2001

Where in the license did you see anything about Jelsoft saying they will control what is said on people's websites?

Comment

• filburt1
              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Paul J
              Where in the license did you see anything about Jelsoft saying they will control what is said on people's websites?
              The only content control is:
              vBulletin may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property Violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
              ...and they do enforce it. I've had several sites shut down when they copied my content.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• poolking
                • Aug 2002

Basically its down to the site's host to enforce the rules.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...