X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tolitz
    • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Paul J
    IPB uses templates, and they are easier to edit than vB's.
    Having used IB's template system for more than six months and all the editing I had to endure to make it look exactly as I want it makes that statement blatantly false... look around and point me to an IB forum that doesn't look even closely similar to the vanilla template ...
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• Paul J
      • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Tolitz
      Having used IB's template system for more than six months and all the editing I had to endure to make it look exactly as I want it makes that statement blatantly false... look around and point me to an IB forum that doesn't look even closely similar to the vanilla template ...
      It's false that I find them easier?

Hmm...ok.

Comment

• Tolitz
        • Dec 2000

It's false that I find them easier?
        Now that you mention the "I" word, no ... not mentioning it implied you were generalizing

I guess you can apply the "I" word to several things in your discussions in this topic
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

• CeleronXT
          • Mar 2002

"...they are easier to edit than vB's" [bold, mine].

That wasn't sstated as your opinion, you said they were easier than vB's. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can find that easier. :-/
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Paul J
            • Sep 2001

Dragging this topic into something it isn't...just so you can appear "right" in the court of public opinion is something I won't do.

Resorting to word games and semantics is, apparently, all you have left for this discussion.

I've said my piece.

Comment

• CeleronXT
              • Mar 2002

I've lost the context of this argument/discussion entirely.

I didn't realize court was in session @_@
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

• Razgo
                • Mar 2002
                • 4.1.x

not that anyone cares what i think, but i do think vbulletins liscence agreement and fees are in balance with what you get here.

i think of the yearly fee as a members club fee that gets me support, upgrades, and every now and then they do something above and beyond the call of duty. (thanks cary)

Comment

• Darth Cow
                  • Oct 2001
                  • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Dragging this topic into something it isn't...just so you can appear "right" in the court of public opinion is something I won't do.

Resorting to word games and semantics is, apparently, all you have left for this discussion.
                  I wonder what vBillitin is then? Who brought that up?

No, you're the one who's making this conversation petty. You are the one who's being argumentative in a non-productive manner. The board statements you've been making and the aggresive responses that you have for any opposition are what is ruining this thread.

Just wanted to clear that up... of course, this is only my opinion, so you can't argue with it, right?
                  MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

• Paul J
                    • Sep 2001

Yeah...a thread about opensource licenses being brought to "vB is better than IPB" even after a few attempts from me to keep it on topic.

And I'm being petty?

I haven't been argumentative at all...you're mistaking an opinion different than yours as argumentative.

Again, I've said my piece and I won't be dragged into name-calling...even though you and Tolitz need it that way.

Signing off...

Comment

• Cary
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Razgo
                      i think of the yearly fee as a members club fee that gets me support, upgrades, and every now and then they do something above and beyond the call of duty. (thanks cary)
                      hmmm... what did I do? My memory isn't that great.

Comment

• Razgo
                        • Mar 2002
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Cary
                        hmmm... what did I do? My memory isn't that great.
                        does "Incursio Censura" liscence agreement ring any bells? i needed to have it transfered to another domain which would not have happend without your help.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                          • Mar 2002

Lol.. Even I remember that. I must have a sad, sad life.

Comment

• Cary
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Razgo
                            does "Incursio Censura" liscence agreement ring any bells? i needed to have it transfered to another domain which would not have happend without your help.
                            Yep... I remember know. My memory isn't that great this late at night.

Comment

• Tolitz
                              • Dec 2000

Yeah...a thread about opensource licenses being brought to "vB is better than IPB" even after a few attempts from me to keep it on topic.
                              Considering the topic wasn't directly or even remotely about open source to begin with (but rather about free software) makes that observation moot
                              Again, I've said my piece and I won't be dragged into name-calling...even though you and Tolitz need it that way.
                              You're getting confused here ... You opened a discussion with your views, and I replied with my views. Just coz we don't agree with each other doesn't mean you have to take it personally...
                              OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                                • Aug 2000

Topic Closed... If you would prefer to discuss the merits of Open Source vs. Commercial Software than do so. If you want to talk about the merits of various templating systems then do so rationally and calmly. If you want to discuss the merits of product A vs. vBulletin then do so.

If you would rather open your own personal vendetta against our product because of some perceived wrong that we did to you then go elsewhere we don't need your garbage here.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...