Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

Funnily enough i've just installed it for a client y'day. After a bit of terminology help from SaintDog and reading the documentation i think it's a good system. Too complicated though

- miSt
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• tamarian
      • Oct 2000
      • 1.1.x

For those interested, PhpAdsNew v2 RC3 has been released, and it fixes a remote invocation vulnerability for all previous versions since March 2002:

vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

• PBChannel
        • Feb 2001
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tagore
        I wanted to install it. Is it worth?
        I've been using it for some months now, and love it...always wondered about the different sized banners though...thanks for the tip.

Defenitely worth it. My clients love it, and so do I.

Comment

• Tuan Le
          • Jul 2003

First, I would like to thank you for sharing it with us. I have few questions below. I would greatly appreciate it if you can point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance. (Sorry for the newbie question. )

Originally posted by john2k
          I got phpadsnew working last night. Just wanted to post this info for anyone else who is also trying to figure this out.

Using the local invocation code generated by phpadsnew:

Code:
          <?php
          if (@include('C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
          if (!isset($phpAds_context)) $phpAds_context = array();
          $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 2, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
          echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
          }
          ?>
          Where do I put the codes above?

Placed the following in the phpinclude template.

Code:
          require("C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php");
          $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 0, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
          $variable_name = $phpAds_raw['html'];
          [B]I found two (2) phpinclude code templates. One is phpinclude_start and the other is phpinclude_end. Which one do I need to add the codes above to?

Code:
          $variable_name
          Also, use whatever name you want for $variable_name, but the $ is needed at the front.
          And one last newbie question, if I would like to have the banner to show up on every single page (at top right hand corner) on the forum, where do I need to add to codes above to? Does it matter where I put the variable code in the template?

Thanks again.
          WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

• Tuan Le
            • Jul 2003

After adding the codes to the phpinclude_start template, I now run into the error below. Any clues? Once again, thanks for the help.

Warning: Unable to access /phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php in /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/forum/global.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 6

Fatal error: Failed opening required '/phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/forum/global.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 6
            WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Tuan Le,

Please do not keep posting this same thing in multiple threads. Either stick to one thread for help with this or start a new thread.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Wapture
                • Feb 2004

I am having some bad problems...

For some reason, whenever I try to put $phpAds_raw['html'] in the Header it comes up as an error.

Code:

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:
                [i]
                [b]Parse error[/b]: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in [b]/home/woforums/public_html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3055) : eval()'d code[/b] on line [b]1[/b]
                [/i]
                This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.
                I just can't get this thing working!

Comment

• jeepeando
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 3.5.x

Im on the same boat, this is the error that Im getting:

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate the template 'header':

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/.sites/48/site10/web/foros/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3055) : eval()'d code on line 13

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement.

With this code:

<?php
                  if (@include(getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/adserver/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
                  $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 0, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
                  echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
                  }
                  ?>

I tried adding the java code too and gives me an error too....

Any help will be appreciated!

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

1. we dont provide support for any external code here. You should try asking at vBulletin.org
                    2. You are inside of a template that is parsed purly as php, and you dont need to have <?php or ?>

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Or possibly you could just use the regular javascript/iframe HTML code
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...