Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DannyITR
    • Jan 2002

Anyone using phpadsnew?

If so, I have a problem. I can't get any of the banners to show up. In the linked banners, it always says there are no banners available to be linked. I have made a campain and an advertiser with a banner and linked it to the zone but it's not working. I made sure the size of the zone was bigger than the size of the banner but I got nothing.
    any ideas?
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com
  • dynamite
    • Sep 2002
    • 3.6.x

I did use it for a site I had, and it took a while to figure out how to get the banners to display, but once you understand how the program works, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

• MarkB
      • Apr 2001

Originally posted by DannyITR
      If so, I have a problem. I can't get any of the banners to show up. In the linked banners, it always says there are no banners available to be linked. I have made a campain and an advertiser with a banner and linked it to the zone but it's not working. I made sure the size of the zone was bigger than the size of the banner but I got nothing.
      any ideas?
      Surely the zone should be the same size as the banner? I've been using phpadsnew for ages and never had a problem.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

phpadsnew user for quite sometime and I recently just installed the new V2 RC2
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• orca
          • Mar 2001
          • 5.5.x

I use it, too. Had also troubles first with displaying the banners. But after reading the manual a bit and understanding zones and setting the display values to a reasonable value it worked.
          Ueli

Comment

• 1QuickSI
            • Oct 2001

Will just echo the same thing as it does take a bit to get used but once you do you will never look back.
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
            PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• waterpog
              • Jan 2003

well, after about 30 min I got everything working, had to make all the banners EXACTLY the alloted size which was a bit of a pain for some.

Only issue I'm having is that it opens the links in the current browser, I want it to open them in a new browser. I assumed that this would be the "target" field and tried both "blank" and "new" in that field with no success.

Anyone know?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

you are suppose to say _blank instead of blank.

If you also took the time to read the manual, you would have learned that you don't have to specify an exact dimensions, but could use an asterik to represent dynamic height
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• waterpog
                  • Jan 2003

probalby true about the manual...I was kinda getting it up in a rush and then going back to get the details later

Thanks for the help however.

edit: _blank didn't work either.
                  Last edited by waterpog; Wed 29 Jan '03, 10:11pm.

Comment

• john2k
                    • Jul 2000

I'm new at phpadsnew also -- can anyone post the code needed to make the phpadsnew include code work in the header template?

My ad code is the following:
                    Code:
                    <?php
                    if (@include('C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
                    if (!isset($phpAds_context)) $phpAds_context = array();
                    $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 2, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
                    echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
                    }
                    ?>
                    Should this work exactly as is in the header template or are changes needed?

Thanks,

- John
                    ...john2k...

Comment

• fastforward
                      • Nov 2000

There's a little trick you can do to display banners of any size using zones.

First you have to use the remote invocation. Iframes or javascript.
                      Set the zone width and height to *
                      All banners of all sizes will be available for selection, so select what you want in the linked banners section.
                      Then go back to the zone properties and set it back to the smallest banner size.
                      If you're using iframes, when generating the code, select the resize frame option.

Now you'll be able to show 468x60 and 728x90 banners in the same zone.
                      http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Just use the remove invocation people and dump the code into the templates.

Also, you can use javascript instead of IFRAME

Comment

• john2k
                          • Jul 2000

I got phpadsnew working last night. Just wanted to post this info for anyone else who is also trying to figure this out.

Using the local invocation code generated by phpadsnew:

Code:
                          <?php
                          if (@include('C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
                          $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 2, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
                          echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
                          }
                          ?>

Placed the following in the phpinclude template.

Code:
                          require("C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php");
                          $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 0, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
                          $variable_name = $phpAds_raw['html'];

Then place the following variable in whichever template you need where you want the banner to display.

Code:
                          $variable_name

In the above, replace "C:/../../phpadsnew/phpadsnew.inc.php" with the actual local path to your phpadsnew.inc.php file.

Also, use whatever name you want for $variable_name, but the $ is needed at the front.
                          ...john2k...

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw a remote invocation PHP code.

Comment

• Tagore
                              • Feb 2003

I wanted to install it. Is it worth?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...