Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CeleronXT
    • Mar 2002

How Much RAM J00 Got?

How much RAM do you have in your computer, and what kind? After Thanksgiving sales, I was able to double my 512 MB for about $30, so now I have 1024 (1GB) of SDRAM I believe.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)
  • jrwap
    • Jul 2000

Yeah, I have 1024mb of pc2100 DDR ram. You need that much when running many different applications under winXP.

-JRW
    LostDiscussion.com - Fan base community for ABC's Lost | Club-tC.com - Scion tC Enthusiast Site | PcTechTalk.com - What's your issue? | eInvesting.com - Play the Market, Learn Investing, WIN!

Comment

• Joe
      • May 2000

Originally posted by CeleronXT
      How much RAM do you have in your computer, and what kind? After Thanksgiving sales, I was able to double my 512 MB for about $30, so now I have 1024 (1GB) of SDRAM I believe.
      Wow, you can pick up 512 meg for $30?! If i can find a deal localy like that, i'll up my current machine to a full gig... *drool*
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

512MB (2x 256MB) PC1066 16bit 184pin Rambus RDRAM using Samsung chips

woo woo!

Comment

• filburt1
          • Feb 2002

You don't need 1 GB, but 512 is now a bare minimum IMO. I very rarely break that much and I played Quake 3 when I had Premiere open with a project once. Only Photochop broke the limit IIRC.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• XiXora
            • Aug 2001

640 mb of sdram :/
            www.xixora.com
            Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

• DirectPixel
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by XiXora
              640 mb of sdram :/
              meh, I'm down in the bottom with 128 DDR RAM...

All the bargains for memory today were sold out.
              :)

Comment

• CeleronXT
                • Mar 2002

We bought 3 512 MB chips today and 1 256 chip. This comp has but 2 slots, so I put 2 512 chips in this one, and the others distributed to other comps. The 256's where $5, the 512's where $10.
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

We bought 3 512 MB chips today and 1 256 chip. This comp has but 2 slots, so I put 2 512 chips in this one, and the others distributed to other comps. The 256's where $5, the 512's where $10.
                  all I got today was a IR PDA keyboard and a Dell Axim 400mHz PDA...

Comment

• CeleronXT
                    • Mar 2002

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    all I got today was a IR PDA keyboard and a Dell Axim 400mHz PDA...
                    Ah, heh, I spent $700 before rebates. Bought a new 15" flat panel monitor, two sets of speakers with subwoofer (2.1, two speakers, 1 sub.), a new hard drive (30 GB, have to return it though because this computer case is too small to hold it; I need to get an external drive or a new, bigger case), 100 blank CD's (free after rebates), and... can't remember anything else.

Comment

• DirectPixel
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Ah, heh, I spent $700 before rebates. Bought a new 15" flat panel monitor, two sets of speakers with subwoofer (2.1, two speakers, 1 sub.), a new hard drive (30 GB, have to return it though because this computer case is too small to hold it; I need to get an external drive or a new, bigger case), 100 blank CD's (free after rebates), and... can't remember anything else.
                      At CompUSA and BestBuy, I assume?

Comment

• CeleronXT
                        • Mar 2002

At CompUSA and BestBuy, I assume?
                        Nah, BestBuy was absolutely swamped, it would've been worth it. Staples (swamped as well, but not nearly as bad as BestBuy.

Comment

• filburt1
                          • Feb 2002

Every week or so inbetween classes me and a buddy take a road trip to CompUSA/Best Buy to drool at the technology. Being poor college students we usually can't afford to actually get it, but...

Comment

• DirectPixel
                            • Jan 2002
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by filburt1
                            Every week or so inbetween classes me and a buddy take a road trip to CompUSA/Best Buy to drool at the technology. Being poor college students we usually can't afford to actually get it, but...
                            You could be one of those actors for a BestBuy commercial.

Comment

• filburt1
                              • Feb 2002

You could be one of those actors for a BestBuy commercial.
                              Actually I'm proud of myself. My friend needed a keyboard for his iPaq. He got a crappy fold-out one with cheap rubber buttons and didn't like it. It had been more than two weeks when we wanted to exchange it. So we went on Best Buy's site, printed out Best Buy's price for the good stowaway keyboard, and saved $30 (30%) of the price of the keyboard. If any of that made sense that is.

CompUSA is ridiciously overpriced with the exception of a few things which are incredibly cheap. Best Buy seems to be a bit cheap for retail and occasionally has their crazy sales which bring in mobs of people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...