Sweet, sweet irony

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filburt1
    replied
    Bah, I did the development in Windows 2000 on my second machine in Dreamweaver (1.7 GHz, 512 MB, 40 GB SCSI, and I was able to justify Radeon 8500 128 MB DDR too )

Leave a comment:

• mattmecham
    replied
    No need to preach to the converted

I use OS X for all my dev work. You can't beat hitting save in BBEdit and then refreshing Moz to see the changes - all with a proper apache environment. Being able to restart finder in terminal is pretty handy too.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Well, I do... They insisted on Linux but ironically pricing a similarly-configured Dell server would have cost more (the G4 that's running Garnet is a 933 MHz with DVD Burner (hehe ) and 768 MB of RAM, 60 GB HDD).

Leave a comment:

• mattmecham
    replied
    Cool, NASA have OS X servers?

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    The project requires speed and a light distribution weight, and I didn't feel like using some bulky Oracle or other database.

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    You'd think NASA would use something a little stronger than MySQL......

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    What, I couldn't be arsed to click the link

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    On as: Not logged in
    *(rofl)

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Screenie of what I'm doing (not a public project so no unmasking the URL ). Normally I'd give you the URL but since it's a messaging system actual people there might be online and I don't want you broadcasting crazy stuff :

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Yup, undergrad.

I don't exactly get paid much, but you don't have to be a genius to get it. I don't do space stuff, my project is terrestrial software-based.

Leave a comment:

• Paul J
    replied
    Are you an undergrad?

What do you do at NASA that doesn't require, at the very least, a Master's? I gotta get in on that!

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    College, so hours are flexible per semester.

Leave a comment:

• Paul J
    replied
    You're in school and you work at NASA?

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Please tell me if you find something offensive about that. Can you imagine the amount of bandwidth they must use every month?

Well, I didn't want to comment that. I just wanted to tell what I read in a newspaper. It's sure costly and they need the money to keep the service up.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    I'm a student and I'm done with school for today

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...