Check out OT, glad I did not wait!

Did you see the Open Topic Release?

This is totally rediculous, check it out for yourself:

Limits on everything and then some Glad I am happy running my vBulletin
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]
  • JimF
    • May 2000

That's crazy! You can have more members and messages by getting the friggin' free version!

It seems like all the great new features they've been hyping up are only available on the "Enterprise Edition", which will cost you $1,000. Un frigginbalievable! Lol, I agree with you, I'm glad I didn't wait...

Comment

• werehere
      • Apr 2000

Yeah I said "glad I did not wait!", but it is not like I was ever really considering it anyway, but I had to laugh when I saw it.
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
        • Apr 2000
        • 4.1.x

Hahaha

They are not just off topic - they are off their heads!

Motorsport Forums

Comment

• wandrer
          • Apr 2000

unbelieveable

Unbelieveable...

First they release OT, then they drop leased licenses, then they raise the UBB price, then they triple the yearly fee for membership access...

sheesh...

All that for a perl program that can't support more than 100K posts on a 'normal' computer.

If this isn't a press release promotion for vbulletin, I don't know what is !

Comment

• take5
            • Apr 2000

but did you see this...

Ad-Free Pricing
            5,000 board pageviews/month = $30
            25,000 board pageviews/month = $125
            50,000 board pageviews/month = $225

boardserver.com
            Monthly Page Hits
            (up to) Traffic
            Premium Total Price
            per month OVER 500,000/MONTH:
            PLEASE CONTACT
            [email protected]
            UPON SIGN UP TO BE
            LOCATED ON A HIGH-
            VOLUME SERVER.
            (base rate) 15,000 -- $19.95
            25,000 $10.00 $29.95
            50,000 $30.00 $49.95
            75,000 $45.00 $64.95
            100,000 $60.00 $79.95
            200,000 $110.00 $129.95
            300,000 $160.00 $179.95
            400,000 $210.00 $229.95
            500,000 $260.00 $279.95
            700,000 $310.00 $329.95
            800,000 $400.00 $419.95
            900,000 $440.00 $459.95
            1,000,000 $480.00 $499.95
            1,250,000 $580.00 $599.95
            1,500,000 $680.00 $699.95
            1,750,000 $780.00 $799.95
            2,000,000 $880.00 $899.95
            2,500,000 $980.00 $999.95
            3,000,000 $1080.00 $1099.95
            3,500,000 $1180.00 $1199.95
            4,000,000 $1280.00 $1299.95
            4,500,000 $1380.00 $1399.95
            5,000,000 $1480.00 $1499.95
            > 5,000,000 email for pricing

Comment

• firewire
              • May 2000
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by wandrer
              If this isn't a press release promotion for vbulletin, I don't know what is !
              That's why I came here today
              The days of my UBB are counted

Comment

• Martin
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.5.x

Jesus H. Christ!!!

werehere, can you imagine what we'd hafta pay at 50k+ pageviews/day?

*starting* at $1000/month???? holy #$%@ batman!
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

• werehere
                  • Apr 2000

Yeah it is a crock

I have a deal with hosting and pay only a fraction of that for a dedicated box, and a good one at that. Not for me that is for sure!
                  We're Here Forums!
                  [email protected]

Comment

• Martin
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 3.5.x

when my year runs out at interland my price for a dedicated "full-blown" server will *still* be less than what it would cost me to host with OT.

I think Ted's smoking crack...
                    Webmaster:
                    @forumz

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                      • May 2000

OMG THIS is ridiculous

All right I understand why you all are unhappy with UBB because I was left without a host also. But do you have to make it such a freaking violin screeching drama?? Wouldn't you feel stupid if Vbulletin up and crashed one day when UBB suddenly released the most awesome product in the universe? Would you suddenly hate vbulletin to death and said they betrayed you if they couldn't catch up with UBB? This is what you are doing. Take it from their point of view although I'm sure you wouldn't admit fault if this indeed happened.

Why can't you just take your losses and move on when they're obviously trying to help customers out? The code is $170, now $199 and I admit that's a lot. I like vbulletin too and I would probably buy a lease for it. But in no means am I going to go and THREATEN Ted because I know have such a wonderful code. You get upset it's okay to ask for something else but if you knew they could not deliver before your needs then stop waiting and move on quietly. They did as much as they could and if you can't wait then understand that.

So Does it make you feel good to smack down ted behind his back when he's still coding the ubb in sql for us? What purpose does that do? I doubt he's purposely trying to screw you over because in a sense it's screwing his entire company over. He has less time than those of you who can post UBB slander in 3 different forums.

Welp I'm done go ahead flame me, ban me, I don't care. I'm just saying that for a human ted's been treated like crap and it's too bad people can't foresee something GOOD out of a company who's produced so many amazing products.

[Edited by SonnetCelestial on 05-16-2000 at 06:54 PM]

Comment

• werehere
                        • Apr 2000

You are making this into a drama, not us!

It was actually me (and others) that supported UBB every time. I always recommended and stood up for them, but you also have to understand that their product is not what I would call good! It is a scripting nightmare and that is the reason it is a poor, resource intensive script. They could have made this better, but did they? Have they yet? NO!

I pay $250 a month for a dedicated p3 600 server, and I serve up around 40-50 thousand impressions a day, now what would that cost me with OT? The answer is a LOT of money! You can yell all you want about how people should stick up for Infopop, but the *smart* thing to do is to move on to another product that actually serves my needs, which I did. Maybe you will too when their product, that you bought, is bringing your whole site down to the ground, and your thriving, good money making site is not making it anymore because of their poorly coded product!

Have you actually seen the coding in the UBB, or are you blind, or maybe cannot read the code? Let me tell you first hand that is not a well written commercial script, in fact it is the poorest script that I have ever seen, and this is in fact the reason that so many people are having problems with it.

It is also not at all secure, and so many other things that I wont even go into right now because I do not have the time!
                        We're Here Forums!
                        [email protected]

Comment

• JimF
                          • May 2000

I think that as CUSTOMERS, TED has treated US like CRAP.

The great thing about all of this is that we all have choices when it comes to what software we purchase. We decide not to go with InfoPoops product, and find one that we DO like. We discuss how Ted and InfoPoop treated their customers, and you try to make US seem like the bad ones... Screw you budd.

We've got kick-ass software, and money left over. I think we are all extremely HAPPY with this software.

What do you have besides an obvious infatuation for a company that doesn't give a isht about you...

Comment

• Martin
                            • Apr 2000
                            • 3.5.x

Sonnet, no one else wil, so I'm gonna teel you straight up.

You were over her a few weeks ago whining and crying about how UBB wouldn't work on your site and how you kept getting shut down and now you're over here telling us wer need to lay off infopop because they gave us a good product, bla blah blah.

You need to decide which side of the fence you are on, dear. It seems to me you can't make up your $*&#ing mind.

Lastly, if you continue to talk #$^% to us, I will copy and paste all your posts here ranting about UBB at the SK forum

I guess what I'm trying to say is, pick a side or shut the (*&^ up.
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

• JimF
                              • May 2000

Damn Martin!

LOL!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...