Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

From the rules:
    Users may register and hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.
    So you're only allowed a Premier and a Personal or a Business and a Personal; not a Premier and Business or two of any kind

Comment

• Gary King
      • Feb 2002

.. well you knew what I meant

Comment

• N9ne
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by N9ne
        I have a question:

I don't have a credit card but I do have a bank account, now I charge people for web designs, and they would like to pay me through paypal, what can I do? Which account do I get? How do I sign up not having a credit card, and using my bank account etc?
        anyone?

Comment

• Gary King
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by N9ne

anyone?
          I suggest you send this to the PayPal support team

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by andypotter
            Where do you get the 4th option (Merchant Acct.) I just checked in case it was something new I missed, but it's not listed as a type of account by PayPal.

I voted Business (and I have the debit card.)
            Your business account will be automatically upgraded to a merchant account if you have reached a certain level of sustainable sales, I think it is $1000 a month. Basically what it does it lowers your fees because you do higher volume. Other than that, it is the same as the Business Account, IIRC.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Gary King
              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by wluke

Your business account will be automatically upgraded to a merchant account if you have reached a certain level of sustainable sales, I think it is $1000 a month. Basically what it does it lowers your fees because you do higher volume. Other than that, it is the same as the Business Account, IIRC.
              It is also explained in my post here:

Comment

• paypaldamon
                • Sep 2001

Hi N9ne,

You would need to have a credit card/bank account to withdraw money out of the system.

-U.S. Users. In order to withdraw funds that PayPal is holding in custody for you, you must confirm the email address that you registered by responding to a message that PayPal will send to that address when you have completed registration, and you must register a bank account or credit card with PayPal. New PayPal Users (who have been in the PayPal system for 120 days or less) are required to complete two out of three authentication steps (confirm bank account, enter Member Number, confirm Social Security Number) in order to withdraw more than $500 per month. Some accounts, at PayPal's discretion, may have this limit even after 120 days. Some accounts, at PayPal's discretion, may have lower limits until the authentication steps have been completed. Account limits, if any, can be viewed from the "View Limits" link on the Account Overview page.

Comment

• DWZ
                  • Jan 2002

yeah, you need a credit card to activate my Australian account - which I don't own, so it sort of defeats the purpose of PayPal IMHO

Comment

• N9ne
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.0 Beta

Ok, well I'm in UK...

I could use my dad's card [with his permission of course] to set up the account etc...? but how can I make it so whenever someone sends me money through paypal, it goes into my bank account or something and not onto my dad's credit card?

Comment

• JamesUS
                      • Aug 2000

You can choose to withdraw your money to a bank account as long as the account is in the same name as the PayPal account.

Comment

• paypaldamon
                        • Sep 2001

Hi N9ne,

PayPal can't withdraw payments to a credit card. You could only send the payments to a bank account that is on file.

Please be sure that you are listed as an authorized contact on the credit card you register.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...