X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

Re: Re: I hope you would like it.

Originally posted by xiphoid
    So I just enter 'I hope you would like it' from subject with regular expression checked, and option 'don't retreive, delete immediatly from server'. And apply the filter to the e-mail accounts.
    Remind me not to send you anything that contains 'I hope you would like it'... that's a bad solution IMO.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
      • Apr 2000
      • 4.1.x

Yeah but "I hope you would like it" isn't English!!
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Re: Re: Re: I hope you would like it.

Originally posted by FireFly

Remind me not to send you anything that contains 'I hope you would like it'... that's a bad solution IMO.
        I make my filters bigger then just a few commen words. But as you did not provide the entire e-mail, I didn't bother making other arguments up.

Comment

• Paul J
          • Sep 2001

So if you just delete the email without opening it you're still infected?

I don't use Outlook Express.

Comment

• Thomas P
            • Apr 2001

OE
            TheBat rules
            cu,
            -Tom
            www.MCSEboard.de
            German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• Paul J
              • Sep 2001

I don't use OE. I didn't ask what email client you thought was the best.

Comment

• samtha25
                • Feb 2001

Firefly, where have you been? Klez.H has been in the wild for over two months and became the worse virus ever at the end of May and is still humming along at a steady rate.

Filtering on the subject won't help, because the worm puts together phrases randomly for its subject and message. It's even sending out messages saying the attachment is a fix for the Klez and messages stamped as certified virus free. It's lasted so long because of its ability to change its messages and also to grab the "from" address from the address book. It will execute in unpatched versions of Outlook, Outlook Express, and Eudora (if set to use IE for HTML messages) by simply opening the file.

I used to use Calypso, xiphoid. A great mailer, way ahead of its time, that MCS Dallas unfortunately didn't have a clue how to market. Now, I use The Bat! which also won't execute these worms and is also a great mailer, but it doesn't keep people from opening the attachments, because the messages appear to be from trusted sources.

Here's an interesting take from The Register on why Klez hasn't gotten much media attention.
                Last edited by samtha25; Tue 18 Jun '02, 3:30pm.

Comment

• Chen
                  • Jun 2001

Originally posted by samtha25
                  Firefly, where have you been? Klez.H has been in the wild for over two months and became the worse virus ever at the end of May and is still humming along at a steady rate.
                  I don't read virus magazines, and this is the first time I got it.
                  Chen Avinadav
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• rylin
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by FireFly

I don't read virus magazines, and this is the first time I got it.
                    lol, lucky..

we do virus checking on our mailserver, and each time a virus is received, a copy saying "bla bla bla ifnected bla bla bla from [email protected]" is sent to the receiving user, and a copy to the originating email

the annoying thing is i get around 20 of them per hour
                    it wasn't even remotely as fun as during the SirCam days though, when we didn't have the virus scanner installed on the mailserver

i could, at any time of the day, hit send & receive, and know i'd get a sircam email in the mailbox, and with the attachments ranging up to well over 30mb, i'm glad i don't have a quota on my downloads

of course, the people on modem links were even less happy
                    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                    That forum

Comment

• Thomas P
                      • Apr 2001

Originally posted by qwaz
                      I don't use OE. I didn't ask what email client you thought was the best.
                      ...and I wasn't talking to you, keep cool
                      www.MCSEboard.de
                      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• rylin
                        • Jan 2001

uh.. yeah.. whatever
                        My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                        That forum

Comment

• tubedogg
                          • Feb 2001

Chill out guys.

Comment

• The Prohacker
                            • Apr 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                            I'm not kidding here: my parent's computer is legitimately too old to run Norton AV. It apparently requires Win 95B (they have 95A).
                            Hehe... That was a big problem in 95A, you might try to find the 3.11 version and see if you can still use the same definitions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...