Mozilla 1.0 final released !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XiXora
    • Aug 2001

moz1 has tabbed browsing too, ie can have tabbed browsing witht hihs addons omewherew god i'm too tired nn
    www.xixora.com
    Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

• DirectPixel
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by XiXora
      moz1 has tabbed browsing too, ie can have tabbed browsing witht hihs addons omewherew god i'm too tired nn
      Yep!

However, that's not the reason I'm using Mozilla. The reason I'm using it is because you can change its useragent string. I've changed mine to AIM/30.
      :)

Comment

• SteppenWolf
        • Apr 2001

Re: suggestion

Originally posted by xiphoid
        Please stay on-topic.
        Sorry

I use IE6 for browsing the web because it's the faster browser on my system and the most confortable to use (for me)
        I must admit that a single windows mode would be very great.

I use Opera 6.1 to view MM Flash5 anim wich the maker hadn't well coded the Flash plug in detector

I use IE5 / IE6 / Opera 6.1 / Mozilla 1(now) / Konkeror (sometimes : need to boot the linux machine) for testing all websites i make.

I really like IE, but i think that any website must be open to all browsers ...

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Re: Re: suggestion

Originally posted by SteppenWolf

Sorry
          I really like IE, but i think that any website must be open to all browsers ...
          Thank you
          I like IE6 too. It is very dynamic and runs everything I want :P And yes, a site should be open to all browsers, but the browsers should also be open for all sites. Opera and Netscape version 4 both seem to dislike www.w3.org recommendations for xhtml 1.0 and html 4.01, obviously.

Comment

• psx-dude
            • Oct 2000
            • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

true.. true.. If Opera were loaded with the rendering engine IE has (and mozilla) it would be far superior. But remember, IE sucks at displaying alpha-transparent pngs well (without a special script). If Opera would catch up with HTML 4.01, XHTML, CSS, and all other standards, I think it would be the best choice.
            My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
            Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

• DirectPixel
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by psx-dude
              But remember, IE sucks at displaying alpha-transparent pngs well (without a special script).
              True, but how many sites actually use PNGs, nevermind having alpha-transparent ones?
              :)

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by psx-dude
                true.. true.. If Opera were loaded with the rendering engine IE has (and mozilla) it would be far superior. But remember, IE sucks at displaying alpha-transparent pngs well (without a special script). If Opera would catch up with HTML 4.01, XHTML, CSS, and all other standards, I think it would be the best choice.
                psx-dude; read previous post from Jakeman please

And yes, it would be a very good browser once it catches up. I just hope they do in time.

Originally posted by eiSecure
                True, but how many sites actually use PNGs, nevermind having alpha-transparent ones?
                I wish more did. They could have saved a lot of download time :P

Comment

• Thomas P
                  • Apr 2001

Update

Marc Andreessen on Mozilla/Netscape:

cu,
                  -Tom
                  www.MCSEboard.de
                  German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...