Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukliam
    • Apr 2000

Domain Names

I know this has been asked before, and yes I have done a search and visted many sites.
    But here is what I want to know.... I am based in the UK and am looking to register both some .co.uk and .com domain names.

I would prefer to do them through one company, so could you tell me the best (best=cheapest) uk domain registration company, that I can register both .co.uk's and .com's with, for as cheaply as possible.

They will need a control panel of some description so I can change DNS setting when needed.

Thanks

Sean
  • Feral
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.6.x

It’s easy to take your business online with 123 Reg. Get products at affordable prices and fantastic support to help you every step of the way.

Find your perfect domain name in seconds. Easy set-up. Free web & email forwarding. 1.2 million domains already registered. 24/7 customer support. Buy now.

These are the ones i use, pretty cheap.

Comment

• Divine Coding
      • Nov 2001

ukreg.com are cool

Comment

• ukliam
        • Apr 2000

do they let you change the DNS using a control panel instead of emailing or phoning?
        Do they offer email forwarding?
        Anything else I should know about them?

and has anyone used OneAndOne.co.uk or NetWeaver.co.uk?

Thanks Guys

Comment

• Feral
          • Jan 2002
          • 3.6.x

Yup, you can change the DNS online, they also have email forwarding. I mostly use ukreg, never had any problems with'em.

Never heard of those other two you mentioned, so i can't comment really.

Comment

• stark427
            • Aug 2002

Ok I know this is a very old topic, but...

a few hours ago I registered a domain with ukreg.com and I'm having some issues now.

After I entered my credit card details there was a message telling me that within 15 minutes someone from their staff would contact me by phone for further details, as part of their customer protection / security system. So I entered my mobile number.
            It's been several hours now and I haven't received any phonecall.
            I have not received any email, too, thus I cannot even login to the support website because I don't have any password given to me!

So I'm really worried.

And they do not have any contact phone number at their website

Anyone has any thought on this?
            I'm afraid something is wrong, here.
            Last edited by stark427; Sat 29 Apr '06, 8:36am.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

Telivo.com

Comment

• Duke of Lions
                • Dec 2001

if you try the cheap cheap cheap,
                you'll get what you pay for: trouble
                go with godaddy i would suggest....

or
                http://www.enom.com reseller....
                or do a whois for ukreg.com and get some details and phone them...
                Please ReadThe****ingManual

Comment

• JakeS
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by stark427
                  Ok I know this is a very old topic, but...

a few hours ago I registered a domain with ukreg.com and I'm having some issues now.

After I entered my credit card details there was a message telling me that within 15 minutes someone from their staff would contact me by phone for further details, as part of their customer protection / security system. So I entered my mobile number.
                  It's been several hours now and I haven't received any phonecall.
                  I have not received any email, too, thus I cannot even login to the support website because I don't have any password given to me!

So I'm really worried.

And they do not have any contact phone number at their website

Anyone has any thought on this?
                  I'm afraid something is wrong, here.
                  Are you in the same country? because sometimes domain sellers might not want to use there phone bill up calling from (Example: UK To Urainus) Cost a bomb. So that could be why.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...