Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

Originally posted by chrispadfield
    lol, they call instant smilies instant graemlins! Is that because changing the name means it is somehow original or something. I guess "We are the company that invented just about every innovation you see in message boards and will continue to do so" includes name swapping.
    The call them graemlins because the use of them was started by a young hacker that used to hang out at the scriptkeepter, his name was Graeme.
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• floleb7
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.7.x

well a good bug in the first page of this topic :

(what an amazing url) look the two links if there is highlight there will be html code in link.

Less queries but more bugs ubb is for you !

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by werehere

The call them graemlins because the use of them was started by a young hacker that used to hang out at the scriptkeepter, his name was Graeme.
        I hope he wasn't a teenager at the time.

Comment

• Sinecure
          • Jul 2001

Originally posted by freddie
          It would be trivial to store templates in the filesystem but it is not something we have looked at or will look at doing. We need the abilities that a SQL database gives us to be able to do the advanced features that we have given to the templates/styles in vB3. If you had to pick one part of the system that has received the most work in vb3, it would be the styles/templates.
          Thats really good to hear
          vB, In my opinion is VERY easy to customize. I've been doing some HEAVY customizing of PJ v3, (Due out in a few weeks to a month), and only than has it been neccesary to edit any PHP files. Editing has only been due in part to the fact that I have to use multiple images on a few different pages, (memberlist buttons) are different than those on my postbit

I think a few of the vb developers/mods/admins have seen PJ v3, and really anyone using vB can customize the look and feel of it so easily with just the styles and menu. For the more advanced editing, templates are a great way to teach people who to properly produce a page made up of different HTML sections.

I can't wait to see the huge improvements in vb3, I know they are just going to be off this wall amazing. Probably enough to make me *cry*.

Kudos and Cheers to the vb team
          Board of the Month: November
          Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
          Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
          vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Sinecure
            • Jul 2001

LOL, Ted is going to regret making that teenager comment for as long as he lives
            Board of the Month: November
            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Skeptical
              • Oct 2000

Originally posted by Sinecure

LOL, Ted is going to regret making that teenager comment for as long as he lives
              Hey if you wanna sling mud, you gotta be willing to sleep with pigs right? Like dissolves like, so my chemistry teacher used to say.
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                • Dec 2000

Thats nice logic

I've seen a few threads about people moving from vB to free forums but they don't seem to by happy with the changes always saying things like "vBulletin had this featue will <BBS here> have it?"
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• werehere
                  • Apr 2000

Ahh, but he was... :P
                  We're Here Forums!
                  [email protected]

Comment

• NetherChris
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Mr. X

Because we all know that only older ppl in their late 20's and early 30's are the only ones that can create good software. If your a teen you cant create anything, and therefore UBB is the only forum software you need to use. Ted acts as if he meant nothing by the statement too. Of course he did. Typical of Infopoop.
                    Sorry, I just caught on to this thread, but I have to beg to differ to that comment . I'm 15, I own a vB, I am working with a team of people on a video game that Sierra Studios is interested in (tactical-assault), and I know quite a few languages . Don't underestimate the kids... we're smart people.

Back on topic: Infopop really should stop contradicting themselves.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      • Dec 2000

I'm 17 and I know a handful of languages, teenagers are the only ones with the time to learn these web languages. Age doesn't have anything to do with knowledge.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• alexi
                        • Mar 2001

I don't see commercials where Ford bashes GM... they talk about their product and what's good about it.
                        It's called being profesional.
                        Cutting people up for their age, gender, national origin or sexual preferences to make your product seem better is ridiculous. If it works what do I care if an 8 year old wrote it.
                        Webmaster in charge of technical stuff and taking out the trash. www.disboards.com, www.wdwinfo.com
                        www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and a few others I am forgetting!

Comment

• N9ne
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.0 Beta

I'm 14 and know HTML...but I will be learning PHP soon.

This one is a shocker however, I have a friend who is also 14 and he knows: PHP, CGI, HTML, DHTML, Javascript, Flash

He knows more than that actually...so he's very skilled at such an early age!

He learnt HTML when he was about 10?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                            • Dec 2000

Also teenagers spend too much time on the computer and end up learning all these languages

Mine includes PHP, ASP (vBScript), Perl and XML.

I have the design skills of a monkey but i can code XHTML compliant code
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• The Prohacker
                              • Apr 2001
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mr. X

Typical of Infopoop.

I really really wanted to buy the domain, infopoop.com when it was being sold here.... I had the site for it an all...

Comment

• NetherChris
                                • Jun 2001

I have PHP/C++/Perl/CGI in general/C/SH/BASH... I definitely do agree though, I spend way too much time in front of the computer. Some people make the mistake of generalizing script kiddies though. heh heh.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...