Which domain registrar do you use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skeptical
    • Oct 2000

What's wrong with Netsol? They offer excellent customer service. They never put you on hold for hours on the phone. They respond to customer issues within 1 day. Their prices are very competitive. Their online change form system is very advanced and easy to figure out. They never spam domain owners who are using a more "expensive" registrar. They don't hold domains hostage. They are the best of the best.

*sarcasm at its best*
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• Skeptical
      • Oct 2000

I'm totally SHOCKED! Shocked I tell you, that Verisign, the company that owns Netsol, is in financial trouble. How can this be? Noooooo wayyyyyyyyy....

Get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, politics, and culture at Wired.com.
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• DirectPixel
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.5.x

GoDaddy has decent support, and I don't even touch my domains once I registered them, save for changing name servers.
        :)

Comment

• hypedave
          • Nov 2001

I use DomainPeople

register domain names, domain registration, business web hosting services, web hosting provider, business email accounts, web site hosting, domain name registration, ecommerce hosting services, domain registration, buy domains, bulk domain search, domain name search, domain hosting, registrations, websites, whois, registrar, registry

I have abot 15 Domains with them, and I like their control panel where I can point all the domains to my Name Server, and the option to have up to 15 - 25 Name Server's is very handy,

Comment

• Nicholas Brown
            • Oct 2000
            • 1.1.x

Enom - they've been great - and I have a reseller account with them so I get my domains nice n cheap

Comment

• freehtml
              • Apr 2001
              • 4.1.x

I just registered with Stargate for my new domain www.simrtk.com
              iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                • Apr 2001

000domains.com all the way

Comment

• Craig A
                  • Apr 2000

Just bringing this topic back to the top to see if people opinions have changed?

I own around 30 domains and I've spent the past few hours getting ready for a server move/name server update fest...

I have a number of domains still on Netsol but I have been using Joker for ever and a day now due to their pricing and the ease of use on the admin side of things. However I'm impressed with the changes Netsol have made to their interface - if not with their pricing!

I had been using freeparking.co.uk for my .co.uk domains - primarily based on their price and the fact I know the owner. But I am amazed at the prices on offer from UKReg.com and I'm probably gonna give them a go right now.

Anyone have anything to add to the topic at all?

Comment

• JulianD
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.8.x

I've been using directnic.com for almost 2 years now.... Not a single problem with them.
                    ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Verisign
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by mjames
                        Ew! I can't believe anyone still uses them considering you're getting ripped off with prices, paying like four times what you should for the same thing elsewhere. Are you sure you're still using them only because they've held your domain and won't release it like the thousands of others they have?
                        Verisign/Netsol prices are a bit high, but there domain registrar management is the best and you get what you pay for.

They will release a domain ,but because they hold the root .coms .net etc,, they have to process it a very different way than any other registrar's do and it takes time.

They have to make sure the person doing the transfer is the actual domain contact.
                        other registrars just accept an email transfer and this is how domain names get stolen.
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• SteppenWolf
                          • Apr 2001

www.ovh.com

> a single domain is only 10.17 € (with french taxes)
                          You got all the services, you can imagine : manage hosts, redirection, etc ...

and if you want to move, you domain isn't kept during a year or more like with verisign

renaud

Comment

• Marco
                            • Nov 2000
                            • 3.8.x

I'm using Joker.com... works fine for me.

Comment

• Mephisteus
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 3.7.x

I use www.domains.com. Had no problems with them and the site is fast (something I find VERY important). Their prices are reasonable to
                              A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• NetherChris
                                • Jun 2001

*insert self plug*

NetherNic is what I use... although I have worked for their parent for a long time.. $25 a year.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...