Has anyone actually tried the training package offered by....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x.its.tongue.MOM
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

Has anyone actually tried the training package offered by....

http://seovb.com/professional-vbulletin-training/professional-vbulletin-training-basic-usage

Please note the lack of S before http, still not 100% sure just how valuable that is ?

NOW~ I Come from a very specific point...... in *TOME*
    One that goes back to *before* Fishies.......Grew *Toes*

BUT~ NOT to point before Fishies, recognised *point* ~To Nose
    OR *MOM*~Shiver'd AT ALL> D'Stars wanting to *own* ~*HER HOME*
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Never heard of it. It sounds like some kind of scam. Be careful to whom you give your money.

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
      • May 2017
      • 5.3.x

Curios,

Did you in fact take a look at the link and site?

i ask and asked because they seem to be part of Dragonbyte and Dragonbyte is or rather does have a forum albeit a Xenforo forum~ link https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/ ... AND YES I KNOW But I'm trying to get answers NOT PROMOTE another service.

AND I do not want to join them unless I have to.

Either way... the real question is more about Training as such...... *with* their offered package as start point to THAT DISCUSSION.

As for scam

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

I don't want to get into a discussion on competing products and services so I'll leave this at Dragonbyte has done an absolutely appalling job of supporting their own thiird party modifications and add ons on vBulletin.org and that would give me pause as to how much they care about the vBulletin 5 product.

Having said that I seriously doubt seovb.com is in any way affiliated with Dragonbyte. It wouldn't make any sense for an established business to use a different unsecured URL for one product or service in line with what they already offer.

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

I did a small amount of research on that link. The only relationship it has with Dragonbyte is an advertising exchange.

The owner is listed as Bramcolm, Inc. It's suspect to say the least. Look at the websites it operates.

Really? Web development, SEO, matchmaking, cosmetics, and gaming?

Rule of thumb: If someone claims to be an expert on everything they are an expert on nothing.

Save your money. Or at least don't give it to that company.

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
            • May 2017
            • 5.3.x

You Sir, are amazing,

I had thought, for an instant, tis another sat with long spoon. I apologise now for that.

all that info AND the ability to find it in the 1st place AND THEN to inform... well there's no coffee donate button BUT~ if there was...

Having said that what was of interest to me was THE SYLLABUS they lay out~ do you think If I use it as a base for training My own in house staff... it covers just about all?

AND yes mY ears and eyes did pick up when i saw that site... that's why i came here.

SO THANKS

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Could get quite costly if you went through all the programs. Probably more efficient to go through the software and just try all the buttons to see what they do.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
                • May 2017
                • 5.3.x

YEP bit scared of doing that now on the forum currently GETTING THERE, BUT~ on the new one, well I'll ask Glenn to set me a Test and Real 1 up, when i purchase,

Shame about that training though, it was going to be a MAJOR selling point to my members..... an in house KNOW it all. sort of thing.

OH well with the info on the programing requirements you provided AND a test site to play with...... well it might take a bit longer bUT probably far better in the long run AND with MOTHER MEMBER who will see the *future well trained child connection* to boot. BUT STILL had hoped... a 3 hour visual and recorded LOOK SEE *with* someone who knows AND UNDERSTANDS .... MASTER? Ignorant.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

If the user training was $10 then it could be worthwhile. Not many people are going to invest $150 dollars to learn how to post on forums. They'll simply learn by trial and error. The software is pretty intuitive so most people pick up general posting in a few minutes. I am pretty sure the content they are charging for can be seen in the Help link located on the footer of just about every vBulletin 5 site. That leads to a user manual that tells people how to use the site.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

I'm fairly sure it's an inactive company now. To back that up...the http thing, and the fact their Twitter feed has nothing since 2013. Sure I have heard they are no longer active.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
                      x.its.tongue.MOM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hello Mark, Nice to hear from you. I know you talk about your TalkNewsUK site as just a demo BUT~ you add it as part and parcel to YOUR Character here & i think on Glenn's vBmods.rocks forum? Reason ~ Well I'm also sure *U* have done due *dilly-dally* on me as well & know MOTHER only Dis-course *will* lead to ~ Where to send THEIR MEN to~ TOO. How far down THAT road would you like to travel?
                  • x.its.tongue.MOM
                    • May 2017
                    • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    If the user training was $10 then it could be worthwhile. Not many people are going to invest $150 dollars to learn how to post on forums. They'll simply learn by trial and error. The software is pretty intuitive so most people pick up general posting in a few minutes. I am pretty sure the content they are charging for can be seen in the Help link located on the footer of just about every vBulletin 5 site. That leads to a user manual that tells people how to use the site.
                    HI<

What on earth, do you think, makes them THINK they will get away with it. Can't JUST be * Lots of Mugs-out there* can it?

AND~ Dragonbyte ? it has a NAME after all, surely someone there considered that BEFORE even starting the process of set up that sight, let alone going to the lengths to detailing a Syllabus ?

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
                      • May 2017
                      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      YES~ i was going to come around to THAT~ Vb Documentation. As you know i have seen your Anatomy of a vB page post AND applaud it too. It does seem however suffer from LACK of MASTER? Ignorants approach. *?* the operative word.
                      Could you, would consider traveling down that HI-way with one, Ignorant that is.?

SORRY~ that was supposed to be a comment not a post.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

There are hundreds of pages of documentation in the manual, the inline help within the AdminCP and the Help link at the bottom of the page.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...