X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattwhf
    • May 2016
    • 4.2.x

Should I add a new forum to my site?

Recently I have opened a new site about art painting and I am getting confused is, I should add a new forum for it or not? or should I only develop website without a forum? because grow a forum will consume more time and efforts. What do you think about this idea?
    Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
    Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

You should confine your vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org posts to discussions about vBulletin websites. These sites are here to promote and support their products and services, not to provide you with advice on what to do with your non-vBulletin websites. I don't come to your site and post a bunch of links to and questions about things that have nothing to do with your website.

If you want to install a licensed version of vBulletin software on any of your websites I'll be more than happy to have this discussion with you.

Comment

• Mattwhf
      Mattwhf commented
      Editing a comment
      I am mentioning to which sites/forums in my questions?
      I am asking, should I add a new forum to my site? and I got a great answer like this. )
  • x.its.tongue.MOM
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

I'm a little confused by BOTH of you.

How do BOTH of you become Senior Members AND still ?

NOW~ I Come from a very specific point...... in *TOME*
    One that goes back to *before* Fishies.......Grew *Toes*

BUT~ NOT to point before Fishies, recognised *point* ~To Nose
    OR *MOM*~Shiver'd AT ALL> D'Stars wanting to *own* ~*HER HOME*

Comment

• Mattwhf
      Mattwhf commented
      Editing a comment
      BOTH of you are spamming my question because it was not RELEVANT to my question.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by x.its.tongue.MOM
    I'm a little confused by BOTH of you.

How do BOTH of you become Senior Members AND still ?
    Because that status is based upon post count. It's irrelevant to actual knowledge of the products and services. Matt may very well have a valid vBulletin license but he isn't using it on any site he's ever linked here. He didn't design or develop the site he links. The site he is trying to design and develop himself has no forum software and no content. People like him come around to shamelessly link their sites for URL backlinks and claim to have knowledge they do not have. He's not the first or the last to do this.

The difference between us is that I've never linked to another site, product, or service on this site. In fact, I've never even linked my vBulletin site here. I don't promote myself here. I don't think vBulletin exists to advertise for me. And while I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable about the products and services as Wayne Luke and other vBulletin staff members I do actually try to help vBulletin customers with vBulletin products and services if I think I might have an answer. I don't come here asking how to build my non-vBulletin sites. If Matt knew anything about web development he would not come here asking such questions.

Before you go asking people for advice on how to build your forum make sure they know about the forum software you are using and web development in general.

Comment

• Mattwhf
      Mattwhf commented
      Editing a comment
      "Before you go asking people for advice on how to build your forum make sure they know about the forum software you are using and web development in general."

Seem you are facing the problem with forum software, Have you read my question "Should I add a new forum to my site?" ?

I am using vBulletin, Xenforo, IPB and some other forum software on my sites or forums. Do you like me to show some to make sure that I am using vBulletin for my forum?

I don't understand what you are saying in your reply because you didn't answer my question in my first post.

Thanks
  • x.its.tongue.MOM
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

Hiya Omnibus,

Ahaa post count.. i see. With that in mind perhaps you could take a look at the below post AND... with wisdom... let me know if I've opened myself up to God knows what ?

IF your view be YES~ let me know RIGHT NOW~ Security is very, VERY important to me. AND he does not seem to visit that often so I'll take it down IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks in advance.

ps://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/general/managing-your-community/4387898-what-complaints-do-you-get-about-your-forum

Comment

• Scott
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Mattwhf
      Recently I have opened a new site about art painting and I am getting confused is, I should add a new forum for it or not? or should I only develop website without a forum? because grow a forum will consume more time and efforts. What do you think about this idea?
      Build a real strong site first then add a community forum to keep visitors around. I’ve built many art related sites and have found your content is king and will bring discussion.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

• Mattwhf
        Mattwhf commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you that content is king but do you create content daily or weekly?
        and do you build more backlinks for your sites? because I think backlinks are also important.
        Also, adding a forum for a site will help to improve traffic for it or not?
        Last edited by Mattwhf; Thu 9 May '19, 5:56pm.
    • x.its.tongue.MOM
      • May 2017
      • 5.3.x

Mattwhf,
      Thanks for your 'like'.

It is a curious one for me, that like option that is. In many cases i can see solid reason for one ( supporting need for further action on / with a program via coding for example ) .

However a like on anything else suggests a desire to either flater or a desire to talk. If the second.... just what is it you see / saw that called for a like ?

Comment

• may
        • Sep 2001
        • 5.6.X

Yes, content is king, but why do have a blank white page today?

White is the new king

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...