I find Google Analytics overstates my pageviews. How does it compare with your forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DannyITR
    • Jan 2002

I find Google Analytics overstates my pageviews. How does it compare with your forum?

I'm trying to understand where google analytics is getting it's numbers. Maybe some fellow forum owners can help me shed light on this dependency. How does your analytics compare to your actual pageviews?

The reason how I know there is a discrepancy is through my ad serving. I use Openx (or Revive or whatever it's called) to track ad units on the following page templates:

Header (this is sitewide)

Forumhome
    Formdisplay
    Showthread

These last three added together should be roughly equal to the header impressions since this is where the bulk of VBs pageviews occur (and they are give or take some for PMs, calendar, login page, usercp etc).

The problem is, the total number of header impressions is only 75% of the number of desktop impressions Google Analytics is saying my forum has. I made sure to subtract my 40% mobile impressions before making the calculation (even though I'm sure many mobile devices are still viewing the desktop version). Where are the 25% other pageviews being generated? In the reports, all I see are discussion threads.
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com
  • DannyITR
    • Jan 2002

In the end, I think the 25% lost impressions are welcome pages, login pages, and thank you for posting type pages.
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

Comment