X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comanighttrain
    • Aug 2015

Copying a vbulletin forum without database access

Hi Folks,

Haven't got any technical expertise with VBulletin but I am a .net developer so I should be able to follow any technical answers...

My problem is that we have had a close knit community for many years on a private companies forum. Now the private company is slowly phasing out the forum but we would like to save our forum elsewhere - it's an exercise forum with lots of people logs and research etc on it.

We can get permission to copy the forum no doubt but I do doubt that they will allow one of their admins to help us out - the company was a small privately owned concern that was swallowed up by a bigger coorperation when it was successful.

Is there any way to copy the forum without DB access? I would guess with a login it could be copied via HTTP however I doubt many people have had to do that.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This is not possible...vBulletin is entirely database driven, without the database all you could copy would be static html pages.

You will need a copy of the database to do what you are wanting.

If you need further support, you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...