What do Members here Think about Flat Rate Support with Upgrades / Updates included ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inspector G
    • Dec 2012
    • 4.0.x

I did not mean forever Just yearly...but ok I am good with that as I stated thanks to all.
    Guys take it easy on me, you will see me calm down a lot and I do try to help out what little I can from time to time...
    I am not trying to upset everyone, or create issues...
    Now that all the members or most seem to agree with the majority I know to let it go...
    No problem.

Thanks again.
    Here I go again...
    I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
    www.freedomofspeech.cc
    ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

What do Members here Think about Flat Rate Support with Upgrades / Updates included ?

Thinks that it would be better if inspector G bought the product before making comments about what he knows.
      I am looking forward to getting a vB 5 license in the middle of the year and seeing for myself what it is going to entail.
      From what i have heard and seen is nothing but positive things.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

The other reason there is little point to the poll, is that the license structure for vB5 has already been announced and isn't going to change.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          The other reason there is little point to the poll, is that the license structure for vB5 has already been announced and isn't going to change.
          Right, and as long as we have this kind of licensing system we keep on the road to hell.

Comment

• djbaxter
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Ramsesx
            Right, and as long as we have this kind of licensing system we keep on the road to hell.
            Uh-huh. If that's the biggest problem you can find in your world, you have a lot to be grateful for.
            Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• In Omnibus
              • Apr 2010

There is other forum software, with other pricing structures. You have options.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

Still no job positions for you two? Keep it goin' your time will come...

Comment

• djbaxter
                  • Aug 2006

I already have two full time careers, thanks.

Comment

• Inspector G
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
                    Thinks that it would be better if inspector G bought the product before making comments about what he knows.
                    I am looking forward to getting a vB 5 license in the middle of the year and seeing for myself what it is going to entail.
                    From what i have heard and seen is nothing but positive things.

Maybe you should read...POST #7 before making an assumption like that... I quote myself...
                    I just had to pay $209 to upgrade to version 5 so you should be able to see exactly what I'm talking about in this entire thread
                    Also just a note look at my signature...Hmm
                    My Test site www.freedomofspeech.cc/vb5 lol Good one though...

I am not waiting...like some others...
                    Thanks for the Bashing though..lol

No really, I am cool with ya, you must have just missed it in all of my Rambling...and muy signature...
                    I can understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    Mark, Things sometimes change, do you own the software or just work for them?
                    I did not see Owner beside your name...oops there goes my support from you...
                    Darn it. Now I bet you will say let him squirm...lol its all good to me.

So maybe this version would not change but maybe future ones would...who knows but you should not speculate sometimes great ideas come from outside the realm...

For instance most inventions that improve on already established ideas come from others who see it different and make suggestions...80% of the time they are not even in that field...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Super Cat
                    Everything is different now and better in my opinion. As Mark said you either leased and had to renew each year to stay on line or buy and still had to pay for upgrades each year if you wanted to upgrade to new version. You still had to pay for some support. Most support was on forum. That was just forum software. You now have Blog, Groups and Album that didn't exist then. So there is more to getting support with many more members. Which makes it harder to provide support for a flat rate. You still can run your owned 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 sites for life. but you no longer are paying for upgrades each year.

The poll is useless because it really isn't fair. Of course I would rather pay one flat rate if I got all uprades and support forever. But if a company did that, they would be out of business fast or would never be upgrading anything. Entitlement society again. You do the work and I benefit.
                    But you did not Vote that way?
                    And I stated each Year not forever...
                    And think about something here for a minute...

Say you had a 100 people for example that paid for the software then after a month bowed out and left..ok not much support needed however you would still need to keep staff paid and keep writing codes and making improvements..right?

Now if all of those folks had paid a flat rate for EACH yr of support and at different times, well that would be like a revolving payment system and you would have a more defined Budget, you would be able to hire more support staff then.

- - - Updated - - -

You also did not vote for change, with the two of you I just pointed out the vote would be tied right now...
                    Then if a few more jump on the band wagon...Maybe Just maybe change would happen eventually...
                    Last edited by Inspector G; Sun 30 Dec '12, 1:59pm.
                    Here I go again...
                    I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                    www.freedomofspeech.cc
                    ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Regs
                      • May 2001
                      • 4.2.X

So much for calming down and letting go...

Comment

• djbaxter
                        • Aug 2006

The vote is irrelevant and pointless.

You don't seriously think that the license structure for vBulletin 5 is going to change because you posted a poll, do you?

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by djbaxter

You don't seriously think that the license structure for vBulletin 5 is going to change because you posted a poll, do you?

Ssshhhhh.

Dont destroy his world just yet.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• borbole
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by djbaxter

Why is the vote irrelevant and pointless? Personally I find it very relevant. And he has all the right to express his opinion just like you and everyone else regardless if others agree or not. Or things change or not.

Comment

• djbaxter
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by borbole
                              Why is the vote irrelevant and pointless? Personally I find it very relevant. And he has all the right to express his opinion just like you and everyone else regardless if others agree or not. Or things change or not.
                              YOU don't seriously think that the license structure for vBulletin 5 is going to change because he posted a poll, do you?

Comment

• In Omnibus
                                • Apr 2010

If the pricing structure was such that the cost went up $1 for every stupid idea perhaps there would be far fewer stupid ideas posted. There would still be stupid ideas but they wouldn't be posted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...