What do Members here Think about Flat Rate Support with Upgrades / Updates included ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inspector G
    • Dec 2012
    • 4.0.x

What do Members here Think about Flat Rate Support with Upgrades / Updates included ?

So what do ya think?
    Say you pay 300 a yr but you get everything they offer for a yr.
    Support with tickets.
    A modified Section in Forum for those of you who modify their codes...
    All Updates for current versions plus all upgrades to next series...ie v2 then 3, 4, and 5...
    Patches everything...
    Simple yes or no is all that is required in vote...
    seems pretty simple to me.

300 is just a number.

But if everyone in here had done that they could increase the support they offer, this would have a couple of effects...

May allow them to let a couple guys deal with modified codes...Tickets...Maybe...

A few more folks to deal with log ins site issues and support tickets that way...

And a few more folks that could actually respond and research normal unmodified tickets...
    same system they use now.

In the end we would all get better support all upgrades udates everything and access to forum...

I think I could would be glad to do that..and you know what it would be simple for us one payment, you get everything that you may need...

This also may allow them to hire more coders to build newer releases with better feature and more options, as I notice some commented about wanting in V5.

Ok I think that is finally clear enough.
    Yes That would be great
    25.00%
    No I prefer to keep it like it is
    75.00%
    Last edited by Inspector G; Fri 28 Dec '12, 3:39am.
    Here I go again...
    I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
    www.freedomofspeech.cc
    ... Been around for yrs
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

$300 a year in addition to the cost of the forum software?

Comment

• Inspector G
      • Dec 2012
      • 4.0.x

No flat rate for everything. Including upgrades. Pro you did t read the first post lol
      Last edited by Inspector G; Thu 27 Dec '12, 3:30pm.
      Here I go again...
      I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
      www.freedomofspeech.cc
      ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

I read the first post. You realize modified code is unsupported? Name me a site that remains unmodified after a year and then I'll reconsider why anyone would pay for a year of support.

Comment

• Inspector G
          • Dec 2012
          • 4.0.x

That's not the question the people who modify their site could always ask bull for an area to address such issues...
          what I said was upgrades and updates ,with access to this site, never know they would probably do that no problem in fact I'm sure they would and wouldn't you guys all like to discuss things together

I also forgot the moders go to Vbull.org...thats right...
          Last edited by Inspector G; Sat 29 Dec '12, 9:10pm.
          Here I go again...
          www.freedomofspeech.cc
          ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• In Omnibus
            • Apr 2010

vBulletin customers already receive free upgrades and patches and anyone with a valid license has access to the site. I guess I'm not seeing a difference.

Comment

• Inspector G
              • Dec 2012
              • 4.0.x

You do not get free upgrades with lic they charge in the case of vb 5 for members 209 plus you get free updates only...
              you will only get a month of access to this site after that. You will have to pay 149 unless they. Changed it today, ok I have a lifetime license I started with the bulletin when it was version 1.8 When version 4.0 came out I was forced to pay all but I think $50 less than their offer price for being a member, with a lifetime license that's an upgrade. So I had lifetime license and I had upgraded to version 4 I just had to pay $209 to upgrade to version 5 so you should be able to see exactly what I'm talking about in this entire thread
              Last edited by Inspector G; Thu 27 Dec '12, 5:26pm.
              Here I go again...
              www.freedomofspeech.cc
              ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• In Omnibus
                • Apr 2010

vBulletin5 is NOT an upgrade from vB4. It is a completely different architecture.

Comment

• Inspector G
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 4.0.x

You clearly disagree this is a question not a debate so choose no and move on...
                  call it whatever you want vbulletin still looks like a board to me version 1-5 I don't give a rats ass how you word it. When you get the gold version are you not going to be able to install it On top of your existing site? Well some folks in the real world call that an upgrade. When I get a patch to fix bugs that is. Called an update like with windows.
                  The end ...
                  I am on I phone and do not feel like typing with App at this time.
                  Last edited by Inspector G; Thu 27 Dec '12, 5:36pm.
                  Here I go again...
                  www.freedomofspeech.cc
                  ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Amaury
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4.2.X

Upgrades are only when you upgrade the current series you're running (e.g., 4.1.12 -> 4.2.0). However, like Pro said, vBulletin 5 isn't an upgrade, it's a new series, just like the previous ones.
                    • When vBulletin 2 was released, customers running vBulletin 1 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                    • When vBulletin 3 was released, customers running vBulletin 2 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                    • When vBulletin 4 was released, customers running vBulletin 3 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                    • When vBulletin 5 was released, customers running vBulletin 4 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• beishe8
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Amaury25
                      Upgrades are only when you upgrade the current series you're running (e.g., 4.1.12 -> 4.2.0). However, like Pro said, vBulletin 5 isn't an upgrade, it's a new series, just like the previous ones.
                      • When vBulletin 2 was released, customers running vBulletin 1 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                      • When vBulletin 3 was released, customers running vBulletin 2 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                      • When vBulletin 4 was released, customers running vBulletin 3 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                      • When vBulletin 5 was released, customers running vBulletin 4 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                      When vBulletin 2 was released, customers running vBulletin 1 did not need to buy a license in order to install it.

When vBulletin 3 was released, customers running vBulletin 2 did not need to buy a license in order to install it.

When vBulletin 4 was released, some of the customers running vBulletin 3 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                      The rest could run it because with their valid renewal they were allowed to install it.

When vBulletin 5 was released, customers running vBulletin 4 needed to buy a license in order to install it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Amaury
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by beishe8
                        When vBulletin 2 was released, customers running vBulletin 1 did not need to buy a license in order to install it.

When vBulletin 3 was released, customers running vBulletin 2 did not need to buy a license in order to install it.

When vBulletin 4 was released, some of the customers running vBulletin 3 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                        The rest could run it because with their valid renewal they were allowed to install it.

When vBulletin 5 was released, customers running vBulletin 4 needed to buy a license in order to install it.
                        Hm. Interesting.

What's the difference with vBulletin 5, then?
                        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Hm. Interesting.

What's the difference with vBulletin 5, then?
                          vB 1-2-3 ticket support all the way.
                          vB 4 ticket support all the way with the Suite but only 1 month for the forum only version.
                          vB 5 1 month ticket support only.
                          vB 6 ???

Comment

• Amaury
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by beishe8
                            vB 1-2-3 ticket support all the way.
                            vB 4 ticket support all the way with the Suite but only 1 month for the forum only version.
                            vB 5 1 month ticket support only.
                            vB 6 ???
                            I meant in terms of why they are requiring a new license for vBulletin 5, but didn't for vBulletin 2-3 and sort of for vBulletin 4.
                            Former vBulletin user

Comment

• beishe8
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 4.2.X

I meant in terms of why they are requiring a new license for vBulletin 5, but didn't for vBulletin 2-3 and sort of for vBulletin 4.
                              There were no such things as vB 1-2-3 licence there was only licence for vB, valid for upgrades for 1 year.
                              It was possible to renew it for another year or two or more.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...