X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gemaddog7
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.X

Pro.Boards

What's the difference between this and Pro.Boards?
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Pro boards is free, is ad driven, and is extremely limited in its functionality and customization. vBulletin is the standard and has limitless capabilities. It also allows an administrator to resist spamming the membership with ads. Admin has full control over the forums, the content management, the layout, and more. Truly, there is no comparison.

Comment

• gemaddog7
      • Nov 2012
      • 4.2.X

Thanks!

For some odd reason I've always liked V.Bulletin a bit more, but I could never find a reason....

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Well, vBulletin is self-hosted, so you naturally get more control than you would with a remotely hosted solution like ProBoards. Although, ProBoards v5 is really nice and brings a lot of new features.
        Forums

Comment

• gemaddog7
          • Nov 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Quillz
          Well, vBulletin is self-hosted, so you naturally get more control than you would with a remotely hosted solution like ProBoards. Although, ProBoards v5 is really nice and brings a lot of new features.
          Yes I have to say I am truly impressed with V.5, I actually prefer Pro.Boards V.5 more than V.Bulletin, but then there's codes to modify a forum so I have no clue guess I'll judge on January 28th.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...