• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna Willsion
    • Oct 2014
    • 4.0.x

What vbulletin can do for us ?

Hello,
    Recently my bank account online access was hacked by someone and they transferred $1400 from my account
    Later with doing search using google I found my account username / password on this forum.. www.bitshacking.com
    I called police about this site.So I created account on vbulletin too to let you guys know about what these guys are doing using vbulletin board.

Can vbulletin take this forum down ? As its running your board you should know about this what these scammers doing. And I am pretty much sure they are using pirated copy of vbulletin as they are hackers.
    I request vbulletin team to take this forum do so other people privacy get protected.
    Regards
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to help you directly. We do not have any customers registered with that URL. So it appears they are using stolen software. We can issue a DMCA and take the site down but that isn't going to help you at all and frequently law enforcement needs the site online to do anything. Your best option is to follow up with local law enforcement and your bank.

I've put the site in for piracy followup but that can and does take months because there are specific rules we must follow.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...