How to lose your Facebook page without really trying...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AusPhotography
    • Nov 2007

How to lose your Facebook page without really trying...

Did you hear about Velvet Burger? They are one of the most recent companies to have their Facebook page deleted for breaking the rules. They waved ‘bye bye’ to almost 10,000 fans in the process. You can read their message to their customers below.

You may have also heard Hell Pizza went the same way – losing their page and 20,000 fans along with it. Hell managed to get their page back through someone-who-knew-someone who worked at Facebook, but sadly – in most cases – if this happens to you, you’ll be starting from scratch.

In case you’re thinking being in a little country (Velvet Burger and Hell are in New Zealand) or that having far fewer fans will prevent this from happening to you, think again! Don’t get all up in arms with Facebook about this either, the only person to blame is … you.

Read more: http://www.marketinggum.com/what-you...ad-these-rules
    So if your using failbook connect - be careful
    environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This actually has nothing to do with Facebook Connect, an entirely different feature. Moved to a more appropriate location.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• weather101
      • Jan 2012

Ouch that's strict.

Comment

• HenrikHansen
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Well, ricktas has a point, even though is has nothing to do with Facebook Connect. Many companies and indiduals are making only Facebook pages or groups nowadays, instead of own forums etc. But, it is a risky strategi. Even large pages are often deleted if FB thinks they break the rules (and it does not matter who you are). So make sure to follow all FB rules and do not make it your primary forum or page.
        Europanet.dk

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Velvet Burger you say? I must eat this.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Sage Knight
            • Apr 2011
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ace
            Velvet Burger you say? I must eat this.
            Haha :thumbs up:

OT: Well I do believe people promote their site like crazy on FB, dunno why they haven't been taken down yet. Urban Legend? :P

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Sage Knight
              OT: Well I do believe people promote their site like crazy on FB, dunno why they haven't been taken down yet. Urban Legend? :P
              The thing about getting your page banned on Facebook is that you can simply turn around and recreate it. You lose your fans and your original postings but you simply start over. Facebook doesn't seem to care. I follow several pages where the Admins get banned or the page gets banned and it is back within 24 hours.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                The thing about getting your page banned on Facebook is that you can simply turn around and recreate it. You lose your fans and your original postings but you simply start over. Facebook doesn't seem to care. I follow several pages where the Admins get banned or the page gets banned and it is back within 24 hours.
                sounds like a good read, unfortunately after waiting 20 seconds for that site to load, I gave up
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...