• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVisitors
    Banned
    • May 2010
    • 4.1.x

Computer Chat Windows 8 Prices

I'm not so much a fan of the up coming Windows 8.
    But after learning how much they plan on selling it for, I suspect not many people will be.

Keep in mind this is only for the simply base price.
    There is no word yet if they plan on having a Pro or Ultimate Edition.

Microsoft Windows 8
    Retail price: $650.00

Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade
    Retail Price $450.00
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/press/windows8/home"

Maybe now is a good time for everyone to switch to Ubuntu or Debian Linux.
    Last edited by TheVisitors; Tue 3 Apr '12, 3:50pm. Reason: Redirect link is a bit shady, yes? :p ---No, it was an april fools joke
  • PossumX
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.1.x

Windows 8 Prices

OMFG, that is utterly and completely off the charts insane. $450 for an upgrade to an OS that is glitchy as all heck and a real bloat festival. If those prices hold true, there will be Win7 machines for another 10 years, just like XP has held a grip on soo many to date.

Comment

• eJM
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

I can find nothing on pricing for Windows 8. The link above is broken and a search for Windows 8 price or cost reveals nothing. If in fact what you say is true, why isn't it major news anywhere?
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

It's April 1st. Take anything you see that seems 'odd' with a grain of salt.
        To be updated...

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TheVisitors
          Maybe now is a good time for everyone to switch to Ubuntu or Debian Linux.
          Not really,I don't trust them.
          I've found my MS DOS 3.1 diskette, installing it now for my brand new machine with an Intel i21 processor.
          Last edited by beishe8; Sat 31 Mar '12, 10:21pm.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• eJM
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF
            It's April 1st. Take anything you see that seems 'odd' with a grain of salt.
            Oh jeez, I forgot. To give you an idea how old I am, I remember when April Fools Day jokes used to be funny.
            If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by eJM
              Oh jeez, I forgot. To give you an idea how old I am, I remember when April Fools Day jokes used to be funny.
              "During an interview on BBC Radio 2, on the morning of 1 April 1976, the British astronomer Patrick Moore announced that at 9:47 AM a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur that listeners could experience in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment this planetary alignment occurred, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, BBC2 began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation. One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room. "

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• eJM
                • Sep 2004
                • 3.8.x

Now THAT's funny.
                www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• marchlee
                  • Mar 2012

trick then?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...