X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoidberg
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.X

Need some help...

So some staff member decided to close my thread, so I couldn't post it there. but I had some problems, I asked questions in this forum, and was told to go to the right section to ask. Now here's my problem, I'm building a forum for my friend, so it's not mine. So technically, I'm not a licensed customer, so I can't post it in the right sections. What do I do?
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

You can't get support here, unless you show up as licensed. If he has a license, then he needs to use his account to post in the appropiate forums.

Comment

• Zoidberg
      • Jan 2014
      • 4.2.X

Jeez never thought you guys would be so unfriendly -_-

Comment

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        thats just the facts, he didnt mean it personal...

it makes sense to limit extended support to licensed members, if your friend is trusting you with making a site i wouldnt think using his vb acct for support would be any issue
    • Zoidberg
      • Jan 2014
      • 4.2.X

I guess so. I'll ask him if he'll get licensed on here and make an account for me to use. I mean I understand you don't want people that are basically stealing from you to get support from you and all, and not that I know of a better way to deal with it, but I do think you guys should consider dealing with it a little differently. Maybe licensed members can license their friend (someone that is in my or in a similar situation as mine). Because I don't know how fond he'll be of me using his account.

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

Yes, like IggyP said: That wasn't meant to be unfriendly or personal, I just tried to explain why your first topic got closed.

Originally posted by Zoidberg
        but I do think you guys should consider dealing with it a little differently. Maybe licensed members can license their friend (someone that is in my or in a similar situation as mine).
        That is actually a good idea and I know of at least one competitor that allowes this. Maybe this will be considered for vBulletin at some point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...