X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elyk
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.x

Anyone know who is or owns vbrewrite?

In the last few hours I have got 11 emails from him about a new vb5 seo program, dont know where he got my email from and not interested since I only run vb4 on a bunch of forums. If you are a member here please check your emails and remove mine from your list where ever you got it.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

It's a new site with one post.

Creation Date: 2013-11-18T01:44:51-07:00

"As you can see, vBRewrite.Com forums is now powered by vBRewrite"

No, I can't see that, I can see: "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 5.0.5 "
    Last edited by beishe8; Sat 23 Nov '13, 11:01pm.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Elyk
      • Sep 2003
      • 4.2.x

I saw that, dont want to join and their contact us at the bottom doesn't work, cant fill in the form. Got another 15 emails since posting this.
      Last edited by Elyk; Sun 24 Nov '13, 12:35am.

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Elyk
        Got another 15 emails since posting this.
        Mark them as spam.

Comment

• eJM
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.8.x

I wonder if this is a result of the access to the vB owned server. I have received over 30 of their spam in less than an hour.
          If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
          www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by eJM
            I wonder if this is a result of the access to the vB owned server. I have received over 30 of their spam in less than an hour.
            Nice new vB 5.0.5 forum.
            It has or has not a registered owner here...

Selling SEO for $80...

Comment

• Ross L
              • Dec 2007
              • 3.8.x

I had 55 identical emails from them today! Also it would seem that they don't know how to use BCC, as you can see the email addresses of everyone they emailed. Not exactly the best start to a new business.
              Xbox 360 Forums

Comment

• Spinball
                • Oct 2001
                • 3.8.x

I signed up to demand an apology for the spam and for the implication that I'd be stupid enough to use vB5. But once logged in, I don't have permission to view the forums. So the idiot in charge of vBRewrite doesn't even know how to correctly configure usergroup permissions.
                Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
                vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

• Chad
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

I have filed all spam with spamcop.net and fowarded to [email protected] and [email protected]
                  [ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
                  .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\

Comment

• Chris-777
                    • Jan 2006

Pretty ridiculous, I've gotten about 20 of them as well. I bit the bullet and signed up for their forums (hoping to post a message to let them know that they're blowing up our inboxes) and as soon as I logged in I could no longer see the forums.

How the hell did these guys get all of our addresses anyway?
                    http://www.metalmusicians.org

Comment

• TundraSoul
                      • Jun 2001
                      • 4.2.X

Many of the email addresses and names listed resemble users from vBSEO.com. It appears they may of bought or stole their user list.

Comment

• Don Black
                        • May 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TundraSoul
                        Many of the email addresses and names listed resemble users from vBSEO.com. It appears they may of bought or stole their user list.
                        ​I thought of that, but I used a different address when I registered at VBSEO. These addys almost certainly came from here.

I've gotten over 140 of these in the past 24 hours, and they're still coming in, now tossed into my spam folder. First time I've been mailbombed in years.

Comment

• vissa
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 3.5.x

Same problem here. Spammed 60 times.
                          Last edited by vissa; Mon 25 Nov '13, 9:18am. Reason: correction.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Don Black

​I thought of that, but I used a different address when I registered at VBSEO. These addys almost certainly came from here.

I've gotten over 140 of these in the past 24 hours, and they're still coming in, now tossed into my spam folder. First time I've been mailbombed in years.
                            Then how are they picking and choosing who to send to? I have not received a single email at any of the email addy's I use for vbulletin or the vbulletin forums. I never had vbseo though.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Elyk
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 4.2.x

I have never used any of Mary the Greek's stuff or signed on to any of his sites. Checked the email that they got on a couple of others sites I suspected and it wasn't the same. Did use the same email on vbseo. If anyone from vbulletin wants to see a copy of the email let me know and I can forward one of 200 to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...