What were you doing at 8:46am on 9/11/01?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

What were you doing at 8:46am on 9/11/01?

I was working at Beach Ford, packaging some parts to be shipped, then headed to the back by the receiving doors and heard it on the radio. I still can't help but shed a tear every time I see something on tv and/or photos of the events from September 11th, 2001. But, at the same time, I can't help but keep watching the coverage or looking at more photos.
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It was 5:46 a.m. here and I had just woken up and was helping people get ready for work and school. I was woken up by my mother calling me and screaming in the phone that someone had bombed New York and started World War III. She over reacts a lot of the time. Anyway, I was pretty glued to the television for the rest of the day.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

I was in America, standing in a 7-Eleven Convenience store, south of Washington DC when some lady came screaming in the store that America was under attack. She exclaimed it was Russian missiles that were hitting New York. I just thought she was nuts until I found a TV to see what was really going on. She was nuts, it wasn't Russians and not missiles... obviously. I wasn't close enough to DC to witness or see any of the activity at the Pentagon. What I do remember in that day and the next was the eerie absence of Airliners and contrails in the skies.

My, how the U.S. in particular has changed since that day. I absolutely hate flying in and out of American territories now.
      To be updated...

Comment

• eJM
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

In California, it was 5:46 and I didn't get out of bed until about 7:00am. At the time, I wasn't much for getting my news online, so it wasn't until 15 minutes before my 3 employees were due to show up that I turned the TV on, about 8:15. Seemed like every channel had something, so I kept surfing from one channel to another. When the employees arrived, I told them we wouldn't be going to work today (we did flooring installations). They also didn't know what had happened until then.

We all sat in my office watching the news for about an hour before I realized I should call my customers to let them know we wouldn't be there. No one complained and most wanted me to wait a couple days. So, I spent a lot of time in front of the TV, in a daze.
        If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Anthony89
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.8.x

Never really understood why people ask this question every year. Why must we discuss where we were? Its not important

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

Sleeping. It was 12:54am here. My flatmate woke me up and apparently we watched it for a while, then I went to bed and got up in the morning and wondered why the TV was on.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• TheNewOne
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by CK
              I respect your loss but it happened in another land thousands of miles away from me so it's not really a great concern of mine.
              I live in northern Ireland same place my friend was from I still respect the dead

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Working for a support team in a Bank frantically running round trying to get people to stop following events on the internet as it was bringing down our network and sites...
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...